deuce 750

The F tank actually looks ok with the Benji's seat. The angle of the rear matches the kick up of the underside. So you should come out alright there. Nice work so far. keep it up and you'll have a nice ride.

Yeah not lob I have threaded tabs so that I can mount a piece of stainless or aluminum to act as an inner fender. I Just haven't got around to making that piece yet. Hey Hoosier do you know where I could find a caliper caliper rebuild kit?

From this angle you can see the tabs.

Attachments

• iphonephotos063.jpeg
    iphonephotos063.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 487
Looking good man. We'll have to go tear it up once you get it back together.

generalyen said:
Hey Hoosier do you know where I could find a caliper caliper rebuild kit?

Your bike looks to be a C model like mine, the different years require different kits. Have you checked the dealer? Honda Service Parts shows them still available...
If the dust boot isn't torn, I'd also try http://www.vintagecb750.com if you just need the sealing ring as he lists them differentpart #'s for the different years. Mixxed reviews on here but so far he has treated me right.
I always contact a vendor and verify they have what I need in stock before placeing an order. Gives 'em a "Heads-up" that I am ordeing withing the next hour of so. ;)

Yeah its a c, I think I'm going to just need a new seal and bleeder screw. I haven't tried a dealer yet but i casnt find any online.For sure Ringo I can't wait to get it going.

generalyen said:
Yeah its a c, I think I'm going to just need a new seal and bleeder screw. I haven't tried a dealer yet but i casnt find any online.For sure Ringo I can't wait to get it going.
If the bleeder is just plugged you can clean it with a small drill bit between your fingers.
For the rear sets, what did you use for the arms at the original trans and brake arms?... looks custom fabbed out of the stock levers.
Next, how well did the 900F tank line up to the 750C mounts? I bid on a 900F tank but I think what I received was a 750 K unit, mine lined up well to the stock mounts, just wondering about yours. It does blend well with Benji's seat! 8)

Stock tank looks a heap better then the benji one any ways. How crd paint there cb750-900 tanks look killer they two tone it and to gives the tank a straighter appearance. No matter what you do I think this will end up one mean looking ride.

Hoosier I used a set of I do believe 97 gsxr rear sets that I scored off Craig's for 35 bucks, the 900f tank is longer than a c tank so I made my own tubular x member and tapped into tapped it. Thanks deepwater I think it will look pretty good when finished. If that ever happens lol.

So its been a while since my last post so here are some updates, the engine is almost finished with polishing.
I wasn't stoked with how the paint turned out so it went to then powder coater.
The comstars look way better blacked out

Sorry for the absence but I have not had a shop to work in for the last 6 months so yeah, I painted the frame at first but I thought it turned out like shit so I had it powder coated metal flake silver. Hopefully I can pick up the project again soon.

Update on the project, just ordered nrw swingarm bearing, steering bearings and wheel bearings, will be soon installing the engine !

Will be interesting to see how well you get it tuned with velocity stacks. I follow a lot of DOHC builds and most people end up giving up and going back to the air box, unless you have better carbs than the stock ones. Maybe you mentioned it in your build and I just didn't see it. If so, ignore my ramblings.

Back
Top Bottom