My first bike '75 cb360

stacygwiner1

My first bike, still learning to ride but already taking it apart. Picked this up for $500 bucks, couple of dings but runs great. Started with the necessities, chain and sprocket replacement. Oh and had to get rid of those god awful stock mufflers.
Now we're onto the fun part, my husband (todd) lowered it and removed the seat in preparation to make a new one. Plan to go with much less bulk then the stock seat... More to come... Stay tuned!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 383
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 315
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    696.4 KB · Views: 341
that is a great looking bike but it will run like crap with those short muffs,put the stock ones back on
and you really should leave it stock and learn to ride well before you molest it and make it less ridable and less safe

Cool, there is some rad stuff in there along with the bike. Neat dog ;D As for xb33bsa's comments he is a bit ruff, but if you want to use those shorties you may want to add a length of pipe to the headers then re-mount the mufflers farther back to avoid tuning issues. Also those are not quiet at all, they are almost piss the neighbors off loud (Like xb33bsa ;D) I had them on my 450 and I used 2 lawnmower mufflers from tractor supply in them then drilled them slightly until they had a nice sound. Welcome to DTT,

Maritime

stacygwiner1 said:
My first bike, still learning to ride but already taking it apart. Picked this up for $500 bucks, couple of dings but runs great. Started with the necessities, chain and sprocket replacement. Oh and had to get rid of those god awful stock mufflers.
Now we're onto the fun part, my husband (todd) lowered it and removed the seat in preparation to make a new one. Plan to go with much less bulk then the stock seat... More to come... Stay tuned!

Great color choice! :D I paid more for mine and it was in far worse condition than yours. Great find.
May I ask what brand shorty mufflers those are?

Thanks for the advice maritime, will take a look at extending. As far as the noise goes, haha, wanted to make it louder. Sorry in advance neighbors ;)

stacygwiner1 said:
Thanks for the advice maritime, will take a look at extending. As far as the noise goes, haha, wanted to make it louder. Sorry in advance neighbors ;)

I have a CL360 with those same mufflers. I have no complaints about how it sounds now. It is louder than stock, sure, but really not bad unless you get the RPMs up. I haven't had neighbors complain and when I get out of town and run higher speeds it sounds really great.

Welcome to DTT Stacy, Looks like you scored a sweet little machine.

I will tell you now. Reinstall the stock mufflers and the airboxes w filters. If you cant clean up the stock filters to "acceptable". Guys, have removed the old paper and replaced it w uni-filter foam. OR find a good pair on ebay or cmsnl.com

After you make your seat mod and so on. Get her running properly. Enjoy her this summer. After doing your homework about the filter and pipe modifications.

Then make the decision. Through education you will find it takes some pretty extensive work to make her run correctly w the changes your currently planning to make to the aspiration.

If you insist on having a bike that runs crappy, when it does run at all...(fouling plugs due to rich condition, between the speeds of 30-60mph. due to the new Uni-filters and shorty exhuast mufflers.

Atleast keep and store the stock mufflers and filter/boxes. That way once your sick and tired of walking/pushing. You will have them ready to re-install and she will run good again. The summer after this one.

So good luck, most importantly be safe and have fun.

I appreciate all of the opinions and advice regarding the mufflers. It will be very helpful as I get into things. Thankfully my husband is experienced in hotrod building and the like, since I'm pretty clueless. And he will be helping me along the way. I'll be sort of apprenticing I supposed. Don't plan to discard any of the stock parts, but I absolutely can't stand the stock mufflers, they look ridiculous to me. I'm about the design and look of the build, as well as riding it. So we shall see and figure it out.... It's just the beginning.

As it stands now the bike runs great, no issues.
I do like the idea of simply extending the exhaust pipe though, that wouldn't really interfere necessarily with my vision.

trek97 said:
Welcome to DTT Stacy, Looks like you scored a sweet little machine.

I will tell you now. Reinstall the stock mufflers and the airboxes w filters. If you cant clean up the stock filters to "acceptable". Guys, have removed the old paper and replaced it w uni-filter foam. OR find a good pair on ebay or cmsnl.com

After you make your seat mod and so on. Get her running properly. Enjoy her this summer. After doing your homework about the filter and pipe modifications.

Then make the decision. Through education you will find it takes some pretty extensive work to make her run correctly w the changes your currently planning to make to the aspiration.

If you insist on having a bike that runs crappy, when it does run at all...(fouling plugs due to rich condition, between the speeds of 30-60mph. due to the new Uni-filters and shorty exhuast mufflers.

Atleast keep and store the stock mufflers and filter/boxes. That way once your sick and tired of walking/pushing. You will have them ready to re-install and she will run good again. The summer after this one.

I offer all the manuals you guys will need for free download. Notice I dont offer the crappy Clymer manual.

http://www.hondabrat.com/2013/04/manuals.html

I also have made more extensive posts discussing the POD and PIPE mods your looking at.

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=63133.0

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=60728.0

So good luck, most importantly be safe and have fun.

Thank you for all of the info! :)

stacygwiner1 said:
Thank you for all of the info! :)

Your sure welcome.

Now, apprentice, go get busy turning wrenches on that thing. Bikes dont build themselves!
We are ready for progress and pictures.

If it wasn't -10 in the garage, I would! Lol! We're waiting for the snow to melt and it to warm up a bit to situate some things to make room. We have to many projects, no space! Soon though, soon! I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom