Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

Re: Re: Victoria! Zeke's CB175 Build

Texasstar said:
Hey guys should I cafe her or make her a street cruiser?

What do you think you should do with it? If you're doing her up on your own, it's my feeling that you've found your teacher waiting for you. Use her to learn everything you can from her and in the end you'll be happy.

Texasstar said:
Hey guys should I cafe her or make her a street cruiser?

What did you envision the first time you saw her? I would shoot for that first thought in your head, but along the way you're going to learn what you like and dislike ;)

I'll just leave this here!

Good luck with the build Zeke.

Attachments

• 175cc_AHRMA_winner.jpg
    175cc_AHRMA_winner.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 405
I agree with everyone do what comes to mind first and and enjoy your build ! Where ever it ends up it will be right :) Good luck and enjoy bike school !

Thanks guys. I think I will make her a hybrid to were I can put cafe bares and a fairing. I will also be able to turn her into a street bike.

Just drained the oil and it got all over my hand!!!!!! Also took out engine. I'm about to take off the head but I made sure first that I knew the torque sequence for the head bolts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 390
Those sequences are to prevent warping and allow mating surfaces to seat evenly. Like applying a decal, you start from the center out so no bubbles are allowed under it. Then if you peal the decal off, you start from the ends and move in. That's an easy way to remember the general cross pattern ;)

When unbolting, start on an outside bolt. Then move to the bolt diagonally across from that. Just break them at first. Continue going diagonally and move in towards the center. Then when they're all broken you can remove 'em all.

Torquing is the exact opposite. Start from the center and cross your way out. Just snug them at first, then I tighten each bolt a turn with the torque wrench; one at a time and in the cross-pattern. I repeat this until each bolt clicks my wrench once. Then click them all one last time. With heads you of course know to re-torque after breaking in :)

Here's the basic idea:
Tightening_Pattern.png

Some heads will require different or specific torquing, though. So for unbolting I stick to the cross pattern, but I always double check the manual for torquing.

At least it's not a 1930's iron V8...

14529d1188825131-1934-37-cyl-head-torque-sequence-17066.jpg

Although, if you follow that torque sequence, you can get an idea of "squeezing bubbles" out from a decal to get it flat.

Probably telling you stuff you already know ::)

Gotta be careful if you think you might reuse those pistons. Just a little bit of shock to the skirts and she'll lose her shape.

I had a fella playing with the crank on his motor, spinning it while the pistons are attached and the cylinder is off. There they were, pinging against the crankcase. It looks so harmless, but once I saw him do it I demanded that he either buy new pistons or have them turned. He said it really didn't matter. I removed a piston from its conrod and tried to insert it (without the rings, mind you) into its respective cylinder. It never made it in ::)

Thanks redliner. We'll try another way next time. By the looks of it I don't think we'll be using those piston though. They were pretty rusted up and all dented and scratched. I'm pretty sure that we will be using pistons similar to these.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 389
Whatever you do Zeke, it should have a long seat, because you're going to have young women lining up to ride it. Glad to see you posting.

i can't help posting how proud I am of you-dad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 392
Look at the difference in weight between the cb175 rocker arms and cb200 rocker arms!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 395
Back
Top Bottom