Hiding battery and electronics

Represto

Over 1,000 Posts
I was shopping at Honest Ed's (large bargin shop in Toronto) and came across these cake trays. They're very basic, aluminum boxes with about a 3/4 inch lip around the edge.

honesteds.jpg

They have a bunch of different sizes, the smallest of which might be perfect for sticking under your seat.

Just a thought.

Hell yeah man! Thats just what Ive been looking for... My gramps was a sheet metal fabricator for 50 years, gonna get some sheet alluminum and have him fab up something trick for my battery!

I was thinking of getting my HVAC buddy to bend me up some sheet metal. However, his joints are bent and fitted together. The joints on these cake boxes are welded.

As per usual, I'm leaning towards the cake side.

Man, have your buddy do the box for you and rivent that shit together! Im sure he could make some nice bends for you, and some small rivets would seal it up very well.

Hey J, and anyone else, I have about 100 2'x4' sheets of galvanized sheet metal layin in my warehouse. The type used for duct work. If anyone needs some, hit me up. Cant weld on it really, but could be bent up and riveted.

Back
Top Bottom