thinking of murdering out my bike.

They are incandescent and were supposed to be dual filament I had them wired that it came on like factory but wouldn't flash if I tapped on the flasher relay it would flash but the relay isn't bad Cuz the stock ones worked fine.

IMG_20140402_082154_670_zps28a44448.jpg

The turn signals on my two old bikes (75 and 81) are very picky. They work sometimes and dont sometimes. It is a problem i can never seem to solve for good. Sometimes its a bulb, the flasher, a ground. As long as the headlight, taillight and brake light are working, I am happy and I use hand signals for turns. ;D

Lol well I found my problem these lights are single filament so I can wire them to work for the running lights and turn signals I can wire them for one or the other I don't ride at night so that's not a big deal but I want them to work properly I can't afford getting pulled over lol maybe ill try changing the whole socket

neondave said:
Lol well I found my problem these lights are single filament so I can wire them to work for the running lights and turn signals I can wire them for one or the other I don't ride at night so that's not a big deal but I want them to work properly I can't afford getting pulled over lol maybe ill try changing the whole socket

Are running lights required equipment in your state? I don't have running lights, only headlight and tail light. I've never had any issues with the police.

As long as your tail light is a running light you should be just fine, use the blinkers as blinkers

True I'm gonna try a few more things before just making them blinkers should be able to figure it out or if I can swap the socket to dual filament it will work

Shitty pic but I blacked out a bit if the front end left a little chrome and said fuck them lights lol. Went back to stock on the front kept the small bullet ones on the rear turned out good. So I'm happy with how its coming out still a few things that are still bugging me. Still the side covers if I'm going to paint them silver or leave them as is. Gonna take a little to get the tank right and make sure it dont leaks again. Hopefully it looks good orange blast I can't really thing of what I wanna do with the bike when the tank isn't done yet. I thin the side covers being painted would look nice and maybe some blue LED's under the tank to light up the motor pretty much my idea is to use the colors on my car the engine bay is orange and blue. I want the bike look nice and leaving the bare aluminum is nice but its kinda a pain to maintain it.

IMG_20140402_190452_415_zps49d6d3b1.jpg

So tanks getting worked on now should have paint on it today hopefully still gotta rebuild the brake master and change the brake hose out with one from my rm125 I parted I knew I should hold onto it for a reason lol.

Got some paint on the tank it looks like shit lmao but oh well at least it won't leak anymore so idc what it looks like anymore got all the runs out of the paint but I took the tank before the bondo was all sanded smooth so I finished sanding it and thought it was smooth enough apperantly I was wrong so you can kinda see high spots in it oh well I already had paint on it so didn't feel like taking step backwards so said the hell with it lol.once I get the tank sealed inside I'll be done with it are there any auto parts stores that sell a sealer or do I have to order it online and what should I use

POR 15 sealer kits have the best rep. Make sure you follow the instructions to the letter or it will flake / peel / leak.

I'll have to see if there are any shop around that carry it usually when it comes to stuff like that I try to follow the instructions spot on don't wanna do it twice.

OK so bikes ready but found out they put a stop on my registration because I dropped my insurance during the winter I just put insurance on the bike last month now they tell me they won't take the hold off til June!!!! So looks like I'm riding illegal til June the bastards pretty ridiculous if you ask me it been since last year I've never had something stupid like this happen I've dropped insurance on numerous vehichles in the past and never had this issue damn you geico insurance you useless bastards oh well I'll get the registration done in June just ride til then. Kinda pissed off about it. But oh well I was going to say screw em and put the bike in my wife's name and get new plate.

Bikes on the back burner bought this to play with 1979 Pontiac firebird 455 big block probably gonna sell it tho. For 3500 obo

IMG_20140417_174542_843_zps27b46f26.jpg

Back
Top Bottom