72' CB350 - First build.

diesel450 said:
I've got to agree, I think that seat might need to be ditched. just my opinion mind you and as said it may all come together, but I'm not feeling it personally. Doesn't match up with all your other fine work.

That's my thoughts exactly. I'll finish the bike with this seat and get another one from a suplier when i find one i like. Also the paintjob on the tank didn't really turn out as i hoped, so will probaly have that sprayed by a proffesionel later on.

But on a positive note, I managed to start det engine a few days ago, just need some fine tuning now.

I'm at work for the next 4 weeks now, but brought a few projects out with me. Gonna make some headlight ears and a battery tray/holder.

Also I've been thinking of the possibility to alter the head/cam to fit needle roller bearings, but still doing research on that.

Bike is close to finish now, just need a few things:

Finish wheels and fit tires
Fit Front sprocket and chain
Front and rear light
Fine tune carbs and ignition

All that when I get home in the middle of next month.

Good approach, get her on the road and have some fun, then iron out details as you go along. Let me know if you figure out the needle bearing conversion. I'd like to think about that for future builds.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes. I have some old parts that are worn that i will use for a test. Found some bearings that could work, but they wont leave much material left in the cam housings, so right now I'm trying to figure out how much material I can take away and still keep the strenght of the housings.

Back
Top Bottom