Brat / Bob

sasquach

Coast to Coast
I don't know what the hell to call it . I wasn't gonna put up a build thread until I was into it a little more . But what the hell I need and respect alot of your opinions and advice . So here goes .

The day she came home

honda350-1.jpg

Cutting the swing arm for a 4 in stretch

0805111549.jpg

welded up

0806111543.jpg

bolted up and on the ground

0806111805.jpg

0822111202.jpg

before cutting the frame

0830110052.jpg

After

0902110130.jpg

Kinda a rough idea what I'm going for mocked up in PVC

0920110103.jpg

I'm now at the point I can start tacking the DOM tubing to where I want it . can't really get anything done untill I get my Cadillac put away for the winter then hopefully I will get more done . Thanks for the look and any advice .

Kevin

Re: Brat/ Bob

So last night I got everything pretty much tacked together . I also played around with the tank position and set the fender in place to kinda get an idea of what I want to do.

1006112213.jpg

Is this what they call a "konged" frame? Pretty cool, pvc is a good idea, totally gonna gangster that for any future frame mods.

boisdrc
I think thats what it's called . The pvc was alot cheaper in case I screwed up . LOL
Mike
I'm thinking just using a steel gusset at the rear part of the frame and taking the originals off the old frame and mounting to that .

Was gonna try drilling out the spot welds and lifting the frame section off .It didnt work so I got out the trusty sawzall and went to tow .

WOW! That thing is ALREADY freakin awesome. Hurry up I cant wait. lol

Thanks I'm working on it a little at a time . Try to get atleast an hour a night on it but I don't want to piss off the neighbors with the noise at 12:30 in the morning . LOl

Oh now your talkin my language!!! My whole life i wake up at 3 a.m. ( I hate it) so thats when i work on my projects out in the garage. I fire up the 4 inch grinder, 12" chop saw...etc. My neighbors have to deal. The wife & daughter could sleep through a frieght train. Never bugs them. Unless I open the big door and sit a rev the thing. Checking timing or whatever. But I usually hold off on that sort of stuff till atleast 6 am.
Have you seen "Worlds fastest Indian" its alot like that. LOL. They love me. My entire bike was pretty much Built before 6 am...cause thats when I have to get in the shower to get to work on time.

I needed somewhere to bolt the lower part of the rear fender so i took the scrap part of the swingarm I cut up for the extension and added a hoop.

1014111519.jpg

Finished product

1021112304.jpg

Deja vu! I just saw this the other day........

I'll be following from here on out.

Keeping an eye on this one! I can relate to your insomnia, on the weekends when I could sleep in, my eyes pop open and I start thinking "Bike". Make some coffee, check out DTT, and out to the shop I go... sometimes all by 4:00 am.

sasquach said:
Cutting the swing arm for a 4 in stretch

0805111549.jpg

welded up

0806111543.jpg

Did you use "internal sleaves" or "pigs" before you welded the swingarm back up ? :eek:

I osed 2 pieces of a heavier pipe that I slid into the swingarm and the took another swingarm and cut it and used 4in. to make it longer .

These are what I used

0806111412.jpg

Cool by sequence it looked like you justed rejoined the pieces adding the extension in the middle and I was foreseeing the disaster. But if you use an internal sleave for added strength alls cool. :)

Ya that would be a disaster but with the little knowlage I have and places like this I can get things dfone the right way. Might add a set of wheels to it .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom