Explain your dtt name

Scooter trash said:
There weren't many riders in 1966, some were influenced with choppers, some, myself with Cafe racers, far right on the Honda 450 Condor, later called the Black Bomber, is me. We had Harleys, Triumphs, BSAs, and these new motorcycles called Hondas.

One day we pulled into a parking lot to stretch our legs when some guy on a full dress Harley, looked at us and called us Scooter Trash because of the rice element in our group. The name stuck for me.

Absolutely awesome pic! Thanks for sharing!!!

Managed a work shoe/boot store for 29 years. Was my license plate for most of that time too. Now I'm a collision repair estimator in a big body shop. But everybody still knows me as The Shoeman.

Shoeman said:
Managed a work shoe/boot store for 29 years. Was my license plate for most of that time too. Now I'm a collision repair estimator in a big body shop. But everybody still knows me as The Shoeman.

Beats the hell out of "The Crashman"

Shoeman said:
Has anybody ever call you Al Bundy? I can't be the only one thinking this.

bradj said:

Lol this made me laugh.

Anyway,

Lostboy, because I'm perpetually searching for never land. In real life I don't have a nickname... except for the regular exploitive and/or slur from friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter trash said:
There weren't many riders in 1966, some were influenced with choppers, some, myself with Cafe racers, far right on the Honda 450 Condor, later called the Black Bomber, is me. We had Harleys, Triumphs, BSAs, and these new motorcycles called Hondas.

One day we pulled into a parking lot to stretch our legs when some guy on a full dress Harley, looked at us and called us Scooter Trash because of the rice element in our group. The name stuck for me.
This is great!!

GrandPaul = grand (grandfather) + Paul (my name); also sounds kinda like "grandpa", although my grandchildren all call me "gramps"...

...with the exception of TriumphRat.Net, where some idiot hacked my username and I had to add the "Z" at the end (first letter of my last name), GrandPaulZ or GPZ (always wanted one of those)

DreadRock is from racing scrambls and I dreaded rock sections they freaked me out lol. But when I had to pick up parts online needed a username so its the name I used and been using it sense

beachcomber said:
This is a very interesting thread - and certainly some surprises in what was perceived ! ;)

Same here,

This thread is old, but I just read through it again and saw some that I had missed.

The color of my first car was Sonic Blue. I went by that for a while.
People always just referred to me as Sonic and over time it just changed to Sonic.
Real Name's Justin, but most dtt people and other forum folks just call me sonic and I'm ok with it.

My name is Eric Miller, but the wife has always called me Irk. My friends picked up on that and call me Irk, too. Basically, I'm really fucking annoying.

irk miller said:
My name is Eric Miller, but the wife has always called me Irk. My friends picked up on that and call me Irk, too. Basically, I'm really fucking annoying.

There's nothing more important than being honest with yourself

My name's James, Jimbo to some, and when I was younger I used to go to outer space quite often.

Scooter Trash, because we were. Me on the far right with a fag in my mouth, on a Condor CB450 Honda.

Attachments

• IMG_2334.JPG
    IMG_2334.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 219
Scooter trash said:
Scooter Trash, because we were. Me on the far right with a fag in my mouth, on a Condor CB450 Honda.

looking through old threads today. Still love this pic and story

My paternal grandfather went by the nicname "Pid". My parents gave me both his given name and nicname. I am really only known in my home town and on forums as Pid. Elsewhere it is Nathan, which is a bit uncommon in my generation. Back home, no one knows me as Nathan, which makes it feel pretty cool there.

Back
Top Bottom