Why was a "bobber and chopper" section added to this "cafe" board?

Swagger said:
I doubt it. I think if you did a pole you'd find that the vast majority of us still lean toward caferacers and vintage racing style bikes, however we'd (as a whole) be remiss should we not acknowledge that there are some really neat bikes being built in other styles.

Also, if you note the actual name of the site you'll see that it's 'Do The Ton', with no demarcation or emphasis on HOW one gets to 'The Ton'.

I think it's safe to say that we like motorcycles, not so much a single type.
If that's your bag there are hundreds...if not more, sites out there catering to a single style.
Maybe there's one you'll fit better, but here you get it all.

Don't get me wrong I love all styles of bikes, but when I found this place I googled "cafe racers" and came up with this site. I can see that it is called "Do The Ton Cafe Racers" in the logo and just wondered if the site had changed it's focus thats all. Please don't excommunicate me! I would like to stay. Not a stanch british only cafe racer bike guy, or only Harley's can be bobbers just wondering.

Cheers James

caferacer39 said:
Don't get me wrong I love all styles of bikes, but when I found this place I googled "cafe racers" and came up with this site. I can see that it is called "Do The Ton Cafe Racers" in the logo and just wondered if the site had changed it's focus thats all. Please don't excommunicate me! I would like to stay. Not a stanch british only cafe racer bike guy, or only Harley's can be bobbers just wondering.

Cheers James

Check the URL, though I actually looked at the logo for the first time ever....beyond a glance...and it does indeed say cafe racers.

I still chose to enjoy all bikes and to acknowledge the vast talent of some of the members here even if they build something other than a cafe. I'm not the pope so excommunication isn't really an issue. Pointing and laughing though........

Swagger said:
I'm not the pope so excommunication isn't really an issue. Pointing and laughing though........

That can be just as painful... :'( :'( And no I don't want to talk about it!

Kids can be so cruel. ;D

killerdwarf said:
Can we add "TOTAL JUNK" , a "WTF IS THAT?, and a "SOME PEOPLE SHOULDN'T OWN TOOLS" sections?

+1 That would be awesome!!! let the laughs ensue!

I think this section is a great idea! I think cafes and bobber go hand in hand. you wanna go fast take out the cafe,you wanna just cruise take out the bobber. I for one am looking for a bike to bob now as I have plans for everthing else I have.

cb750dude said:
I think this section is a great idea! I think cafes and bobber go hand in hand. you wanna go fast take out the cafe,you wanna just cruise take out the bobber.

exactly. my 550 - cafe. my 125 - bobber.
i love all motorcycles. stock, cafe, bobber, fighter,tracker, not so much crazy all-out choppers, but hey theyre still motorcycles.

i dont want to go all over the web for bike talk. im really impressed with how kind and helpful everyone is on this site. even though a lot of us never met, it feels like youve known them for years.

I have found scowering this website, that it is that it is made up of a rich culture of innovators. You folks are taking what you can get and building something great. Doin' the ton ain't just about goin fast, it's about how you get there. The thrill the speed, the drug we all crave, we all share it. Be it on a bobber going down a highway, a fighter on the tamac, or on a cafe ripping down your favorite twisty hunk of road back home. This is a forum for our destination, we can all meet and share how we got here.

Graham

GrahamW said:
I have found scowering this website, that it is that it is made up of a rich culture of innovators. You folks are taking what you can get and building something great. Doin' the ton ain't just about goin fast, it's about how you get there. The thrill the speed, the drug we all crave, we all share it. Be it on a bobber going down a highway, a fighter on the tamac, or on a cafe ripping down your favorite twisty hunk of road back home. This is a forum for our destination, we can all meet and share how we got here.

Graham

:wipes tear from eye:
well said. i bet you write some beautiful poetry for noel

go! said:
:wipes tear from eye:
well said. i bet you write some beautiful poetry for noel

awww. dont be jealous... ;D.. its not as nice as the poetry and letters you write me!!...

;D

1st post on this site. I was lookin at pics and saw that you guys cover multiple styles. I think that's great.

I for one have been into bikes that could be called 'cafe' before I knew what that term meant. when I was 16 I got a cb200 cuz I couldn't afford anything else and put low bars on it, bobbed the rear fender and painted, whatnot. just thought it should look like that. there are more ways than one to get to a certain aesthetic. I grew up in Seattle, not the UK. and was into Poison Idea, not Eddie Cochran. hell, I despise coffee, too. tea drinker. ;)

now I love bikes, all kinds as long as they are original. most that could be called 'cafe', 'bobber' whatev are not. I dig it when someone says, well it's a drag/caf/bobfighter type of thing?

we often pigeonhole ourselves trying to be part of something that we have been influenced by. and arguing over labels is silly. it's the tomato argument; fruit or veg? it's an effin tomato, who cares how it's labeled? these categories are convenient for organizational purposes but it's just semantics.

now, there's nothing wrong with being influenced by others, all great art is built on a foundation of what has come before. but we do not need to create hard and fast rules that limit ourselves and stifle originality. and no one remembers the copycats. do something new and 40 yrs later you will be the one with the cult following.

I'm glad you cover multiple styles and brands of bike. however, the 4 wheeled section makes me fuckin sick. jk. ;D

So we can see someone build something like this at some point...

PatrickWL1.jpg

Im working on getting a motor now...

VonYinzer said:
So we can see someone build something like this at some point...

PatrickWL1.jpg

Im working on getting a motor now...

yeah.. Im looking for that EXACT front end...

I'm working on a harley bob as we speak...not a pan though. Can't find a motor for under 1500 bucks! I went Ironhead.

I just talked to a guy who has 15 or more (he said 20 so im being conservative) HD 45" flathead motors and tons of parts in the back of his shop. All need rebuilt, but hes trying to sell as many as possible so he can buy this complete Panhead he found. I was waiting to hear back from him before I said anything, but hell... He has no major parts outside of the motors unfortunatly though. BUT my buddy Ben has 3 pre 55 HDs and knows all he guys who know all the parts. He can find anything. Usually not cheap, but he can find it. Something similar to this bike may very well be in my, and by transferrence, DTTs future. We'll see. And nice get in the Ironhead. I fuckin love sportys.

Back
Top Bottom