2x stroke street tracker - project coming together slowly.

farmer92 said:
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/see-what-happens-when-you-use-wet-racing-tires-on-a-dry-track-video-99409.html

Aaaand then there's this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx Farmer....I posted the question on a facebook group and the debate rages on haha!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shedbuilt/permalink/1954969168125858/?comment_id=1955409294748512&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1498587059336072

I've found Avon do a wet tread pattern road legal tyre that just might do the job.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shedbuilt/permalink/1954969168125858/?comment_id=1955409294748512&notif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1498587059336072

I spotted Bridgstone Battlax wets on a tasty tracker the other at a local biker meet, liked the tread pattern and wondered what the pitfalls were.

I'm looking forward to seeing it done too ;)

NoRiders said:
Rear axle spindle, adjusters and caliper mount arrived...all good, just needs a good clean up.

...before up ^^^ there and after...

I do love a good session on the bench wirewheel :D

Sorry to report that due to photobucket's change of terms of use images posted to their site can no longer be shared with third parties unless an annual charge of $400 is paid.

Literally hundreds of images and years of project updates are spoiled......I will find another hosting site in the near future. I cannot justify the time to update links on previous postings I'm afraid. :(

NoRiders said:
...before up ^^^ there and after...

I do love a good session on the bench wirewheel :D

Sadly, the caliper mount doesn't fit the caliper I want to use :( I think an NSR mount will have to be found and modified to suit. All part of the fun they said ;)

PS I've now found IMGUR to host my images (Photobucket can do one, bastards) test image for reference.

FokeWG4.jpg

Can anyone please help to identify the forks I have...no name or brand, very little to go on, except for this small logo on the lower fork leg. Any ideas?

L4st9wV.jpg

Some small step last night. Amazingly, the forks with no name are almost identicle in the way the front wheel mounts,stepped axle spindle, single clamp mount and threaded the otherside. The stock NSR spindle works well enough, just a slightly smaller threaded end, but long enough to allow a nut/washer I'll have made in stainless.

Can you see any problem with my idea?

vtLtrAP.jpg

Fits snug enough on this side, I reckon?
vxMR3Sl.jpg

The wheel appears to sit dead centre with the spindle maxxed out on the stepped stops.

KfU4yMX.jpg

......so sort the nut/washer and a spacer and speedo drive and it'll be good to go I hope?

My latest swap meet finds:

Drag Specialities 60mm speedo

Bahco 12" adjustable

VW GT Beetle gearstick in great condition - rare these days too.

VmxOoq8.jpg

I do love a good rummage :)

Another blinding day rummaging around Kempton.

Here's the lastest haul for the WTF 200/2 project:

iewUaNb.jpg

Brand new ignition switch unit with keys = £1

20x330mm GS axle to modify = £2

Throttle with alloy switch gear - £1

Suzuki SB 200 gasket set = £20

Thick biker socks = £10

Spotted a good few further solutions to forthcoming requirements I think. Great day out and it only showered on us once :)

As per the title, slowly slowly does it.

Just received a delivery of parts to help me progress the fit of the front & rear wheel from Legend Biking.

peLqJhC.jpg

After a quick wirewheel session

jNh3XHN.jpg

q3IMVXH.jpg

Honda fittings really do clean up like new.

Blimey....has it been that long?

I put on hold any work on the Suzonda due to an impending, now completed house move. All my garage shite was crated in an attempt to contain items in some sort of order....hmmm. 60% success rate at best me thinks?

Anyhoo...I was always thinking about it, checking for parts and attending bike events, purely for scientific purposes you understand ;)

My FB musings bore fruit, a member on a motorcyckle group offered up a pair of Micron expansion pipes. He though they were for a 350LC, but they didn't fit his bike....so model unidentified, which always reduces the value. I bid a cheeky £80 and he accepted.
One 200mile road trip to collect and they're mine...all mine :)

14HNEEl.jpg

Mounting flanges are also included.

I'll see if they can be modified to suit the 200 mounts and general routing.

All this Micron excitement has rekindled my desire to build this thing as I now have all the major components to start gluing it together.

I still have to reg the 400/4 frame to gain a V5 and reg number....really must get round to doing this.

Also, purchased a box full of engine/gearbox parts off an ebay engine builder/breaker which may come in handy as I don't know what, if anything?, I'm missing. You never know ;)

Spotted another inspiring bike last night at Luggershall Bike night...

vuKrSrl.jpg

Mine won't be like this but the general style is what I'm aiming for.

Thanks for checking in :)

A bag-o-bits has arrived.

Suzuki SB200 ramdom engine/gearbox parts for £24 just might save me a lot of grief when I come to rebuild. The engine I have is unknown history and has been opened...so it's likely to be missing a part or three.

zcDiq21.jpg

I've 'invested' in these goodies to good effect I hope :)

PS Is it really dead in here these days?

advCo said:
I dig the CB200 tank.

Sweet find on that VW GT shifter, that would look sweet in my Ghia ;)

Thanks, I love the CB200 tank shape....and I plan to use the padded trim as a style feature on the seat/saddle too

GT shifter is for sale....make me an offer, are you UK based?. They're getting hard to find these days, no one stripping the m out and more GTs being restored. It doesn't have the stock GT insert, just a VW key fob badge. Hit me with your best offer fella.

Cleared the workbench with a sweep of my hand.....screwed a couple of melamine boards to extend the area. All set to get to work.

nFzAEFw.jpg

These are the stock 18mm carbs....anyone know if an upgrade is viable? I do have the tops and sliders...attached to the cables.

HXNtMos.jpg

I've been looking at the chinese (I know I know) 26mm+ carbs for not a lot. A mate fitted one to a souped up scooter which worked out very well.....any real life, tried it liked it reviews?

Brodie said:
I have used an oko. Not horrible but not as nice as Mikuni.

Thanx...looking at them on ebay, but wonder how they'd work together...choke etc? Can't see a twin set up anywhere?

I used it on a single. The style I had was just a knock off of the TM series. Had a plunger style choke. Not to much of an issue for me. You might be able to swap to the cable style.

NoRiders said:
Thanx...looking at them on ebay, but wonder how they'd work together...choke etc? Can't see a twin set up anywhere?

You can use mikuni/keihin plungers from a twin model, depending on which copy carb you get.
You can also just pull the chokes on independently, or use:make something like this

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-CHOKE-LEVER-B-CARB-CARBY-CARBIE-1976-SUZUKI-T500-TITAN-T-500-76/142262793722?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=41376&meid=5a1dab1f45a140148c43db414cb9d804&pid=100011&rk=11&rkt=11&sd=282209201140&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

One on each carb and a little rod between the two.

Brodie said:
I used it on a single. The style I had was just a knock off of the TM series. Had a plunger style choke. Not to much of an issue for me. You might be able to swap to the cable style.

I s'pose using individual choke levers is an option....if I'll need choke at all that is? Looking at the stock carbs there appears to be only one choke lever and mechanism??? I'll be having a closer look. Thanks

farmer92 said:
You can use mikuni/keihin plungers from a twin model, depending on which copy carb you get.
You can also just pull the chokes on independently, or use:make something like this

https://m.ebay.com/itm/CARBURETOR-CHOKE-LEVER-B-CARB-CARBY-CARBIE-1976-SUZUKI-T500-TITAN-T-500-76/142262793722?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=41376&meid=5a1dab1f45a140148c43db414cb9d804&pid=100011&rk=11&rkt=11&sd=282209201140&_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

One on each carb and a little rod between the two.

Using other choke mechs is a good idea. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom