Started painting my jacket, any artists wanna help with ideas?

BoneDaddy

Been Around the Block
I think I've still got a ways to go on it but I'm not sure what to add. I know I'm going to do some sort of lettering in the Sailor Jerry style but I don't know what, where, or what size. Maybe a banner under the zombie with 'Bone Daddy' or 'Cafe Racer' on it? What do you gents think? Feel free to show off your photoshop skills.
Photoon2011-08-07at1924.jpg

i think jackets should evolve - add painting and patches over time.

So, I'm still playing with the handlebar/hands idea but not much room. I did consider changing the color of the eyes and teeth. Forgive my poor photo editing skills:

Photoon2011-08-07at1924-1.jpg

Well, the white is a definite then.
I'm using various spray bombs from the hardware store. The green is Rustoleum Ultra-cover key lime which spoiled me because it really goes on thick with just one coat. I just started doing some wings in Krylon Rich Plum and it's going to take a few coats to get the same opacity. Bear in mind that it's just a base coat and I've still got to clean and sharpen the edges and add lining and shading once I've got the opacity right. What do you think?
0821011354.jpg

I like it right up to the batwings. I thought maybe you should go with more of a cafe feel, maybe throw some vintage aviator goggles on the skull and a pudding bowl, almost like your avatar. Starting to look like the band Overkill's mascot logo, with the wings.

I tried to sketch out exactly what your describing when I first started the project but couldn't make it work.

Here's a bit more progress, eyes and teeth are now white, wings filled, lined, and poorly shaded because my crappy plastic brush sucks (lost the good one).

Photoon2011-08-21at1629.jpg

The angle is terrible because it was nearly impossible to take a picture without crazy glare.

RoadRash, I had honestly never seen Overkill's logo. The bat wing idea was actually inspired by my own chest:
Photoon2011-08-21at16302.jpg

So I gave the handle bar hands thing another whack:
Photoon2011-08-21at2032.jpg

I think it's what I'm going to go with since this it the only other thing I came up with:
Photoon2011-08-21at2053.jpg

Once that's all set, I'm going to add some lettering and that will be it for paint!

Pardon my sketching, I'm not really an artist.

looks good mate, the hands and bars finished this first "wearable" phase off well i think

Back
Top Bottom