73 CB750 Newb Build

dynamitespy

Pretty new to the forum, but I have done a few things to the bike so I thought I would share.

I have big plans for over the winter, full tear down. But for you know just doing basic things while I can still ride it.

This is how it sits now. Latest things accomplished are the Carpy's 4 into 1, new tail (seat soon), re mounted plate and got some rear lights, grips and bunch of other little things. Everything is done pretty half ass'd right now till I can do it properly over the winter. Clip ons are on the way, so I will be able to lower the front soon and clean up the front end a bit

Future plans is a full tear down, re do the frame paint. Paint on tail and tank. powder coat wheels. Motor rebuild and paint, carb rebuild and re jet. (jetting is done but a little off) Chop tail and do a new hoop. Better lights. New hand controls. Rear sets. Relocate electronics and oil tank, get rid of all the stuff under seat. Lots of clean up essentially, excited to see what comes of it.

So I wasn't really happy with the way it was sitting. I am wanting to go for more of a "street bike" stance.

Test fitted the tank from 78 parts bike. Threw in what I'm thinking are the factory shocks (they came in a box of parts the previous owner gave me). Anyway it raised the back closed to 4 inches. Clip ons are supposed to be here tomorrow so I pulled the clubmans off and finally got to lower the front. I also lowered headlight and the big ugly gauges as much as I could. I am really happy with the way its sitting now, looks a lot more aggressive I think.

I am still not completely sold on the tail. I 'm not really sure what seat/tail I want to do. Any suggestions??

Back
Top Bottom