Adhoc Garage '73 Dunstall 750 Café Racer

benitosteel

Dear ladies and gentlemans, I open this topic to share the build up of my Café Racer.

The machine is a 1973 genuine Dunstall 750 S/N 022, based on a '72 Honda CB750.

Althought more than one can think there is an heresy to modify an iconic bike like this one, I plan to transform it in something more café appealing.

I already have most of the parts to do a complete refurbishing and customization:

* A set of engine gaskets and seals.
* New Dyna S electronic ignition, coils and cables.
* Randakk's spin on oil filter adaptor.
* Wheels bearings and seals.
* LED headlight
* Daytona Dark speedo/tach
* etc
* (to be completed)

I plan to keep the 19" Borrani rims that are gonna be blasted and podwercoated, as well as the hubs, along with a new stainless spokes. Tires will be 4.10 x 19 Avon or Dunlop, not sure yet.
The massive Dunstall petrol tank will stay with a new paint work, but a new seat and tail fairing will be taylor made to replace the original.
I'm thinking of replacing the front end with an unit from a Suzuki GSX-R with dual rotors, maintaining the original Dunstall wheel.
The original Dunstall clip-ons will be replaced.
The oil tank will be custom fabricated and new oil lines installed.
The bike will be single seat and rear footpegs eliminated.
New rearsets will be made using some parts of the original Dunstall's, the attachement system of hem is not acceptable for me.
The Gordon's exhaust manifold will be keeped, but the twin Dunstall Decibel silencers will be replaced by others shorter. All the exhaust system will be ceramic coated.
All the frame will be detab and modified in order to have the new component fittings in place, then will be sandblasted and podwercoated.
A Daytona Dark Speedo - Tacho will provide the basic info, a LED headlight and tail light, an all new simplified electrical installation with an electronic voltage regulator with a minimalistic switch cluster will complete the installation.
Turn indicators will be deleted.

I will complete this info and put some pics soon.

So long.
Ben.

A genuine Dunstall is already the epitome of cafe. Too bad you are taking something with real pedigree and turning it into a cookie cutter bike.

Back
Top Bottom