Baking primer on a Honda frame--what to do?

Corbo

I bought Rustoleum's very high heat primer (up to 2000F) to use on all of my '74 Honda CL360 but just realized it has to be baked three times, the last up to 600F.

My main concern is the frame. I have a gas grill I can bake on for most parts but no idea what to do about the frame.

Seen some of y'all posting about using a huge metal trash can with some sort of heat source but not sure even that'd be big enough.

Has anyone else resolved this problem? I look to you, creative builders!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Just curious - why high heat for all components? That's typically only used on exhausts and engines, not frames and other bits. Spray paint is cheap, just buy a regular primer for the big stuff.

If you plan to paint it black... blast it and paint it with appliance epoxy no primer needed just paint it right away, I just sand them and wire wheel then wipe down and paint. or powder coat.

I agree, don't use that 2000 degree stuff on the whole bike. No reason and it's a pain to deal with. The appliance enamel is really good and much easier. It'll probably be more durable too.

Thabnks guys. I'm a total newb, hence my (now seemingly unwise) purchase. Need to paint engine parts tho, so hopefully not a total wash.

Re: appliance paint, I want a white frame (call me crazy)--would u say it would still work ok for that? Thanks so much.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I think white appliance epoxy may yellow with UV exposure. There should be at least one thread here about it if you do a search.

Back
Top Bottom