1981 Honda CB750c Brat Build

Calipers rebuilt and painted
image_zps5182aee6.jpg

image_zps7582949d.jpg

1981HondaCB750020_zpsd14acfb5.jpg

Hey Mtlsir, the seat is actually really comfortable. Don't get me wrong, this is not a cross country rider but it really provides more comfort that is looks like it would. I used sleeping mat foam so it is very dense while still being pliable.

Hey thanks HD. I have to admit that I got a few of my styling cues by watching your thread. I have enjoyed following your CB's transformation and that is what prompted me to start one of my own.

Where did you hide all the wires? I'd love to see pictures, I have a KZ750 that's almost going to be identical ironically.

Hey JrB,
I actually hid the wires, rectifiers and relays up under the tank. I fitted them in a fashion that I did not have to cut or modify the stock harness in any way. As for pics I will have to see what I can dig up.

hey paydan love the style you went with your bike. Exactly what i want to do with my cb. But on a side note do you still have the side covers? i want to run them on my C and they are so had to find.

CBrat750 said:
hey paydan love the style you went with your bike. Exactly what i want to do with my cb. But on a side note do you still have the side covers? i want to run them on my C and they are so had to find.
Yea, if you can find them kinda pricey ain't they.

Hey CB, unfortunately I just gave a large box of all of my spare parts to my local vintage bike salvage yard. Too bad I didn't know last week or they would have been yours. Sorry about that man.

I actually did do all the seat work myself. From start to finish I think that it only cost me about $25 to make it. Not quite the quality of a DCC seat but it wasn't too bad either especially for the cost.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures of the bottom of the pan but I molded in some connecting bolt into the fiberglass while I was adding my layers to build a decent amount of rigidity. I will have to look around and see if I can find some pics that I can post.

May try that blanket trick with my bike. Bike looks good btw nice job. Going for a similar look on mine.

Back
Top Bottom