Post a pic of your latest purchase

B541Niner said:
Scored a couple of 5 ft Austrian Pines from Home Depot for $99 each.

Nice trees. I know it sounds odd but you should look at Craigslist in the "Farm & Garden" section for trees. I scored quite a few Norway Spruce a little larger than those for like $35 a piece.

Picked her up Friday. Best I can tell is that she is a 1979 model GT80. She runs great but doesn't idle worth a fart. Lot's of fun riding around the yard though. Hopefully I can get her to idle correctly and sell her fast.
76017-250416150309.jpeg

Toyotacrawler said:
Picked her up Friday. Best I can tell is that she is a 1979 model GT80. She runs great but doesn't idle worth a fart. Lot's of fun riding around the yard though. Hopefully I can get her to idle correctly and sell her fast.
76017-250416150309.jpeg
that is awesome , great score ! re the idle you will need to pull out the pilot jet and clear it,also make sure the enrichener plunger is returning all the way down and sealing on its seat but first verify the points are in good knick and gap set and timing correct if that does not the cure then those carb checks
see im diplexic and got the shit out of order .,thats all

This is my latest purchase, a Harbor Freight compressor pump for $169. The old pump was half the size and was hammering when getting up in the PSI

IMG_1136_zpsxn3vcu6e.jpg

Brodie said:
Finally bought myself a vice.

I splurged on this buy. A whole $15.

48191a6817a1fc8787b631a94cb9ca01.jpg

Looks like a good one, i looked high and low for one that is solid no swivel, gave up and bought a chinese from sears. My son has my good one tho and I already told him he's gettin a new one haha!

Yep, I was after a non swivel as well. Only a 105mm jaw but it is a very solid unit. 3 mount points so no twisting either.

And yep. Everyone need at least one vice. I learnt that over the past 2 years without one.

Brodie said:
Yep, I was after a non swivel as well. Only a 105mm jaw but it is a very solid unit. 3 mount points so no twisting either.

And yep. Everyone need at least one vice. I learnt that over the past 2 years without one.

I have two, sometimes three but only one holds metal while i bash the crap out of it

i had a cheap china vice spit the entire jaw and handle assemble right past my face :eek: so be careful out there yes i was using a cheater it was a lesson learned it was a foolish stupid move on my account but it is worth telling
it could have killed me SERIOUSLY that 6+lb chunk landed 4 feet behind me after coming within inches of kissing me square in the face i will post pictures if dont believe
so another safety lesson if you must do something as stupid as i did cheater tightening a vice you may want to don the ole bell star sittin in the closet
or just dont

on another note everybody should have a carpenters quick slide wooden jawed vice i uise it more than a blacksmiths vice
this is the type of unit mine has wooden jaw blocks screwed on
100730_xl.jpg

I agree 100% I think the Harbor Freight wood shop bench is the perfect motor bench with some mods while assembling. Nice enough butcher block top with clamp points and a wood vice 8)

xb33bsa said:
that is awesome , great score ! re the idle you will need to pull out the pilot jet and clear it,also make sure the enrichener plunger is returning all the way down and sealing on its seat but first verify the points are in good knick and gap set and timing correct if that does not the cure then those carb checks
see im diplexic and got the shit out of order .,thats all

10-4 on that Milli Vanilli Chilli Willie! Cleaned the carb up real nice like. Waiting on the air filter to be delivered. Should have been here today but our Federal mail system did not deliver.....not surprised. Picked up a new battery and cleaned the signal switch. Left turn signals work and flash but the right do not flash, only light up. We'll tackle that this weekend. I'm seriously debating on getting this beast tagged and on the road for a commute. I'd love to smoke out the cagers leaving from a red light!

Crap, XB, that is pretty shitty quality to break a vice like that, unless you have arms like Arnold. I would never expect that to happen.

Finally made the swap with hurco-

1979 XT250. The suspension on this bike is cool as hell. Comes with a stripped spark plug hole, dented tank and a few hundred miles on the clock. I'm really hoping this will be easy to get on the road...

4daa4a1b7515b2d62a84529ea68f7ef4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I'm going to hot rod this sleepy motor. should be interesting because there is little aftermarket support, can't even get pistons.

Attachments

• 13124675_10154917242354863_3218462422320452967_n.jpg
    13124675_10154917242354863_3218462422320452967_n.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 862
Back
Top Bottom