Post a pic of your latest purchase

I'm going to stick it in the basement, I'll definitely be practicing with it for a bit, but I'd really like to produce a good line of durable shop aprons.

I haven't had much time to do any wrenching (that'll change this weekend) but I picked up a legit set of rearsets.

rearsetsmacrane2.jpg

rearsetsmacrane3.jpg

rearsetsmacrane4.jpg

$50 plus shipping :D. I wasn't able to find much info but what I've gathered is they're quite solid and only in Japan. They're like $250+ new too :eek: They wouldn't bolt onto his Supermoto and I need custom mounts anyway so I got a good deal. I should get them sometime next week.

rearsetsmacrane2.jpg

rearsetsmacrane3.jpg

rearsetsmacrane4.jpg

Now I just have to sell my extra set of complete 2012 R6 rearsets (with MC and rear brake). Maybe I can use the R6 master cylinder with these... hmmm

78 CB750K. Has great compression, carbs are free. All she needs to be running is a wiring harness, which I have from my other 78 750. Won't take me no time to build a new tank and seat for it, probably going to lay up a Read Titan half fairing for her, and some new bars.

Granted, there's going to be a lot of clean up work to do to her.

Spent all of a $100 bill on her.
2012-11-21171526.jpg

I just got this delivered to me. The seller didnt know what it belonged to, but i researched it and it looks like its off of an early 90's CBR600. Hopefully it bolts up to my CB450 with not TOOOO many issues lol.

Attachments

• honda front end.jpg
    honda front end.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 635
teddpage said:
I just got this delivered to me. The seller didnt know what it belonged to, but i researched it and it looks like its off of an early 90's CBR600. Hopefully it bolts up to my CB450 with not TOOOO many issues lol.
Looks to be the same as the front end on my 94 CBR F2.

Ducati 748? It looks beautiful! Need some more shots...and color please!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

748 with 916 swap, a budy of mine owed me a few dollars, he was using it as display in his condo... so before he could change his mind i had a shipper pick it up the same day.
its a bit flashy for my taste, which will soon be rectified with a nice flat red with desmo white stripe! but oh so fun to ride! not to mention ive wanted one since they came out!
IMG_1025.JPG

now at home with my cb
IMG_1064.JPG

lol, he was a customer of mine for a few years, then i brought him on as a partner, he still owed me for a few jobs, i was just going to let it go, but his girlfriend (a professional ballet dancer) bought him a 2005 749 for his birth day... so when he told me he would give me the duc for what he owed me i had a shipping co pick it up the same day, before he realized he didnt owe me that much! the silly thing, he doesnt even really ride just likes to look at it in his condo...

I have to come back and say oh my god it's good! good like some pumpkin ale at Kylie's

Got some new pod filters, ones that dont have internal rubber ring that blocks the ports on my CX's carbs. Not the most exciting purchase but man what a difference to the bike, no more running rich up top and bogging down, it's like a new bike :)

IMG_4277.jpg

Cheers
Steve

This has actually been done for over a week now... but ive been off dtt for a few weeks so im playing cstch up!

20121122_230910.jpg

Finally got all the parts in and assembled!

Its got parts from everywhere in it, and has had about 50 rounds through it today.

Re: Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase

Mr.E said:
This has actually been done for over a week now... but ive been off dtt for a few weeks so im playing cstch up!

20121122_230910.jpg

Finally got all the parts in and assembled!

Its got parts from everywhere in it, and has had about 50 rounds through it today.

E, that is badass!!!

What upper and lower did you use? Looks like a carbine. What's she chambered in?

stroker crazy said:
Looking for the ideal plug for a Sydney summer:
Crazy

Stroker, I'm not one to promote snake oils (or magic spark plugs), but have you heard of these guys?
http://www.briskracing.com/brisk-premium-multi-spark-plugs/premium-multi-spark-racing-br12zc-spark-plug-detail

Back
Top Bottom