Post a pic of your latest purchase

FingerBanger said:
images

lock your doors.
i hope you got a dental plan looks like your gonna need it you should ease into it with a almost dead battery haha

Maritime said:
Trip to maine yeilds a dozen of these and again the hot border guard does not charge me tax or duty. Some bike work will get done this weekenf

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

ya know, they sell PBR in Canada as well, or are you just going for the border guard?

PBR in Canada is brewed by Sleeman (most/all US beer sold in Canada is produced in Canada). Might actually taste OK if you buy the Canadian version ;)

Tim said:
PBR in Canada is brewed by Sleeman (most/all US beer sold in Canada is produced in Canada). Might actually taste OK if you buy the Canadian version ;)

Man, it was rot-gut when I was a kid. So bad and so cheap, that even teenagers wouldn't drink it. Unless they changed the recipe...

My brother Seaglider and I have a new Team Project!! ;D

DSCF8413.jpg

1971 Kawasaki h1a 500 Triple frame, body work, triples, stem, swing arm... with title! 8) It's an ex-roadracer from the vintage racing wars here in Southern Ontario. :)

We have a 750 engine that needs some "love" that will fit in that hole under the fuel tank very nicely!! :D

It's gonna take some time to pull this together... I'm tapped out from he Mongrel Project. "Money bags" Seaglider is gonna hafta do most of the spendin' on this one! ;D ;D

I'll post a Project thread in the Cafe section soon! :)

Yer nuts, frame couldn't contain 500 power, hope your doing a bunch of bracing/welding?

crazypj said:
Yer nuts, frame couldn't contain 500 power, hope your doing a bunch of bracing/welding?

Ya, the frame has been mildly braced for vintage roadracing. There are some things we can do to strengthen it but the most important thing is to get longer shocks on it and get the swing arm bushings and steering head bearings right. I know some hot shoe racers here who have kitted h1's (reeds, etc.) with near stock frames that go like stink on the track. We have this well in hand. My h2 lump won't be a problem. :D

Cool, I'll never forget watching a brand new H2 750 going end over end into a grass banking after it got into a terminal frame flex wobble (track was a bit bumpy into a real fast right hander)

crazypj said:
Cool, I'll never forget watching a brand new H2 750 going end over end into a grass banking after it got into a terminal frame flex wobble (track was a bit bumpy into a real fast right hander)

Ya, my old h2b that I rode back in the 70's was nasty, even on the street. I'm more convinced than ever though that the so called frame flex was mostly stuff other than the frame. Swing arm bushings, head bearings, shocks, forks, wheels, tires... they all contributed more to the "legend" than the frame.

My Mongrel has a stock h2b frame with all kinds of up grades to everything else and handles like a totally different bike. :D The bumps at the track were taken at a god clip with barely a twitch. :D

eBay buy with sideswipe 2x 1982 cb900f Bol d'or with a whole heap of goodies hopefully pick up in 2weeks yewwwwww.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354430324.856168.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354430324.856168.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 503
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354430341.816703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354430341.816703.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 508
Drewski said:
Ya, my old h2b that I rode back in the 70's was nasty, even on the street. I'm more convinced than ever though that the so called frame flex was mostly stuff other than the frame. Swing arm bushings, head bearings, shocks, forks, wheels, tires... they all contributed more to the "legend" than the frame.

Dunno about that, I watched friend who was racing in the KH400 series put his foot on top of rear tyre then push it until it touched shock, swing arm was a bit flimsy, and that was the 'best handling' Kawa triple
19"rear wheel plus inch and half longer shocks was 'hot set up' on the track for 500
Personally though, braced frame transformed handling on Z1.
You know where they flex, it's same places they rust ;D

Re: Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase

ProSimex said:
ya know, they sell PBR in Canada as well, or are you just going for the border guard?

Pbr in NB 24.95. PBR in ME. 9.00. I went over for othe things. PBR was an after thought. I blame Vonyinzer for getting me to drink the stuff. Ha. Got the bike half way stripped down

Re: Re: Post a pic of your latest purchase

Maritime said:
Pbr in NB 24.95. PBR in ME. 9.00. I went over for othe things. PBR was an after thought. I blame Vonyinzer for getting me to drink the stuff. Ha. Got the bike half way stripped down

Man aint that the truth, I hate how god damn expensive booze is in this country. Its even worse out in your neck of the woods!

Back
Top Bottom