making your own jt racing mask

tommygun

has anybody tried making theyre own jt racing style mask? from what ive read and looked for, these are hard to find. you think there is anyway to cut down a paintball mask, add some buttons to the side and strap it on? it might not look the same, but it would be unique and on the cheap. just a thought

I just bought a JT mask from Noel, they were no where to be found on Ebay. I have to tell ya, the look with a 3/4 helmet is even more impressive in person. I love it.

When I got mine, my first tought was I would make a fiberglass or Carbon fiber copy off this one. I am no pro at fiberglass, but I have used it before. I may try to drape a few sheets of Carbon over it and see what it may look like. I think CF would be the most badass mask.

I'm testing leather using a medieval french method called 'cure de boil' where leather is steamed or lightly boiled and then stretched to a form. The end result is tough and was used in armor. I have had success with the leather, and just need to complete a positive mold.

i was thinkin the same thing with the fiberglass. i have 0 experience with it, so that could be an issue.

I was looking at some paintball mask and I saw some really nice ones that would be easy to chop up and i thin k it would look killer. Although a carbon fiber mask would be badass.

Back
Top Bottom