Mojo's Transformation

Kuyarico said:
Nice work man. Forgive my ignorance, but what are the differences between the R75/6 and R75/7?

A few tweaks here and there. You will notice few mechanical differences between Tintin's /6 and my /7... mine has dual discs up front, no steering dampner but that's primarily it. The /7 is the last if the 750cc models... BMW went up to 800cc from 1978 on.

Very nice...You gotta convince Tim to make his just as sexy... ;D

I figure with 1/2 as many cylinders, and being stuck out there for all the world to see, the rebuild of the BMW would take me 1/2 the time it took me to rebuild my ol
550F ;) This time around, I was smart enough to buy a bike that didn't need rebuilding. Heck, it didn't even need to be washed :D!

CB550FLast.jpg

CA.MOn.. TIm ...Admit it!!.. You want to get back into that Cb550.. Look how sexy that bike is!! ;D :D

They were Winnipeg hours - each hour seems like a year. Answering on his behalf, I seem recall he spent the winter doing it, which again, was a Winnipeg winter which = 6 solid months :D

Here is a link to the page picturing the transformation of Purple Haze to Mojo from my site... enjoy!

Man sweet look'in Beeemer :D !!. How many hours did it take you to complete the project ??

Disassembled in October while it was still warm enough to wrench in the garage, probably lost two weeks riding weather but I was out of town for one of those anyway so 1 week lost.

Spent 4 months buying parts and figuring out the look I wanted

Spent 2 months on media blasting, powder, paint, engine rebuilding, wiring etc.

Back on the road in April... which is about as early as we get around here.

Probably could have done it 4-6 weeks if I had scheduled everything ahead of time... but I ended up OK.

And yah bro the winters are long and cold... but my mortgage is GONE! PAID! FINISHED!

How about you ;D

WIth Tintin's addition of YouTube videos here is the before and after of Mojo's home...

[youtube=425,350]Jw5E0tO5XO4[/youtube]

4 weeks later with the help of a couple of craftsmen...

Now THAT'S a garage!...
pb236940.jpg

An old Microwave cabinet for lids and the two-up seat...
pb236955.jpg

Her own private door! (now to find a powered spinning platform ala Batman!)
pb236931.jpg

Just for fun...
pb236930.jpg

Her winter resting spot, waiting for a floor and new lift this spring...
pb236928.jpg

If it makes your wallet feel any better, I've heard that AirTech stuff is cheaper in more ways than one. You may have gotten a better product by accident.
Those bags are notorious for being hard to paint/ getting paint to stick. What did you use?

Uncle Ernie said:
If it makes your wallet feel any better, I've heard that AirTech stuff is cheaper in more ways than one. You may have gotten a better product by accident.
Those bags are notorious for being hard to paint/ getting paint to stick. What did you use?

You're talking about the seat & fender? I got mine from eBay (he's the only guy selling those parts on a regular basis there). The only issue I had with his work is the seat pan had no easy way to mount the foam and cover. I ended up at a pro's shop to have the kit installed for me. Air Tech lists a bobbed rear fender on their site that I was keen on getting but when I called them for a picture they said they would put one up as soon as they found the mold and made one... yah.

I had all the paint done at Penner Auto Body here in Winnipeg. I 'm not sure of the details but they did use enought blocking primer to fill in and smooth out the waffled side panels so the entire bag is smooth. Seems to be holding very well... even the lid that launched and got pancaked by cagers didn't loose any paint to chipping or peeling.

Spent yesterday choppin' & bobbin'

Removed the rear fender, relocated the rear lights and plate, shortened the rear indicator stalks, removed the bag brackets for now (they are proving problematic right now)

Pictured are also the bar-end mirrors added last week.

Also started setting up the shop now that the floor is in ;D

Photobucket man, Photobucket. You're gonna lose your tailight. I mounted my 550's light below the seat and one good pothole ripped it off when the tire grabbed it. You should get a different light setup and mount right on the ass-end of the seat with little flush mount signals on either side of the seat. Legal-shmeegal.

Tintin said:
Photobucket man, Photobucket. You're gonna lose your tailight. I mounted my 550's light below the seat and one good pothole ripped it off when the tire grabbed it.

i remember that ride...you nearly killed me with your smoky 550 ;) :D :-X

Back
Top Bottom