1984 Honda vf1000f interceptor

clamp some needle nose vice grips loosely on the shock rod to act as a heat sink and glue away

Shock extension welded up and mounted in the bike. Once I get the other odds and ends finished up and I get er out on the road we'll see how the shock performs :)
baeb8fe6648609201b7e6b7d92cc1d8f.jpg

8b6200edc6e3a13d5886928dfa3d99a4.jpg

advCo said:
Nice work man. You guys keep adding more reasons for me to want a lathe.

I sure cant think of a reason NOT to own a lathe hahaha

Work finally slowed down and I was able to spend a little time in the shop. Got the new stainless brake lines installed as well as the new master cylinders. Still trying to chase down an air bubble. The brake lever is still weak and you can pull it down to the grip, even though no bubbles are coming from the bleeder.. Oh well, more for tomorrow.

79ca5a6ddee057a421581b89756d6205.jpg

858ffadd5bdef5770c84ff1c3e450a98.jpg

1b83fe70c4662d7d8bc7a1804b4df8f2.jpg

fda7a84e747d0982d776df16a52d096b.jpg

Did you try tapping up and down the line with the butt end of a screwdriver? Usually helps to work the bubbles up toward the master and makes bleeding go faster.

I've tried a few things to get it to work. One, to get it to feed all the way to the caliper (if it isn't pouring out when you squeeze) is to remove the bleeder and plug the hole with your finger. Pull the handle for suction, then let go and repeat. If it's dual disc, I do it at the splitter. You can also take a syringe and try feeding some fluid into the caliper end. If it's just the air, you can take a zip tie and tighten the lever down to the throttle and let it sit overnight. I had to do that 750f that way to get it to finally work. I got the fluid clean to the splitter, then I got it clean to one side, then clean to the other. It took a while.

I did the syringe trick on the GL when I put the stainless lines on and it worked great forced fluid and air all the way up to the master clean, I had to pull back and force up a few times to get rid of bubbles. One thing though put the top lose on the master as as soon as the lines are full to the top it will spray fluid straight up in the air and rain the shit all over you and the bike and the bench.....ask me how I know. I was just glad I had the cover right there to throw on and that the paint wasn't done yet.

Back
Top Bottom