Cafe Short Movie

That snooty look he gives the guy on the honda kinda pissed me off. Great film though. That girl was as hot as the bike.

ProSimex said:
That snooty look he gives the guy on the honda kinda pissed me off. Great film though. That girl was as hot as the bike.

heh you noticed that too? So I guess in England, are the Norton/Triumph riders similar to Harley riders here when it comes to Jap bikes? :p

The guys a Rocker on a Triton Cafe Racer- he looks down at everyone and everything so of course he sneered at the guy on the Honda. He's not some touchy feely warm and fuzzy PC wimp.
Rockers were 1%s before 1%s were invented. Though they weren't (as a rule) into the drug thing- that was more a Mod thing. Nothing wrong with nostalgia but let's not view it through rose coloured spectacles!

maddog5150 said:
heh you noticed that too? So I guess in England, are the Norton/Triumph riders similar to Harley riders here when it comes to Jap bikes? :p
The answer is usually no, I've never experienced it, people with that attitude generally ride Harley's in England, in fact the only bike my Brit riding mates take the piss out of is Harley, two wheel tractor and the lardarse mobil being some of the terms used to describe them, I find the whole snobbery thing ridiculous, outlaw clubs in the US ride Harley's partly because they are patriotic, but it wasn't always so, in this months Cafe Racer magazine (France) there is a montage of photos of the Outlaws motorcycle club in the sixties, most of them are riding Brit iron, there is even one guy on a BMW. The fact that most European 1% clubs are Harley only seems odd to me, why don't British clubs ride triumphs and Italian clubs ride Duke's and Guzzi's? some people are just insecure.

Frog said:
outlaw clubs in the US ride Harley's partly because they are patriotic, but it wasn't always so, in this months Cafe Racer magazine (France) there is a montage of photos of the Outlaws motorcycle club in the sixties, most of them are riding Brit iron, there is even one guy on a BMW.

Good point Frog- I've often noticed that in the early pics they seem to be mostly riding Triumphs- including Sonny Barger. Maybe this is something they dont want to be reminded of!

Ya... There are local members of the Pagans here that still ride old Bonnie chops. Hell, theres an article floating around the web somewhere about how the clubs all loved cb750 chops because they were faster, more reliable, and easier to ride than the Brit and American stuff. The big change came in the late 60s and 70s. The American "outlaw" clubs went from being just drug dealing miscreants, to PATRIOTIC drug dealing miscreants due in part to the Vietnam war. Contrary to popular belief, the clubs of the day hated hippies. They often got into violent confrontations with anti war protesters and the like. Converting over to HDs only was a sign of patriotic solidarity. And you could still buy surplus and used Harleys for 1/2 the cost of a new Honda or Triumph. Its all a bs image thing. Especially now when HDs are 75% foriegn made parts.

maddog5150 said:

That reminds me of a great story...

My friend invited me to a car show a few weeks ago. I show up on the BMW and someone was like, "Hey, are you putting that in the show?" I told him I didn't know there was a bike show, and he was like, "Yeah man! You should do it! There's only 1 other bike..." He then motioned toward an 04 Victory Kingpin with green flames... pretty much stock except for the spike grips and 2ft leather bar tassels.. I thought.. Ok.. I'll have a go with this guy.. lol...

Maybe an hour later a guy pulls up in a Trans Am pulling a trailer.. with an 04 Harley.. with "Trans Am" in gold letters on the tank...

Harley got best in class.. Victory got best motorcycle..

This is Texas we're talking about.. What was I thinking? Shoulda rode the Nightster.

Back
Top Bottom