** scammer alert ** William Roberts , Columbus Ohio

mark13018

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice
**SCAMMER ALERT**
I just got ripped off by this guy so please REPOST AND SHARE so no one else gets taken buy this guy.

William Roberts ( 57 years old )
3751 Sunbury Rd.
Columbus, OH 43219
614-359-2283 (maybe group mass text/calling? ;) )

Talks some good talk but will just take your money and run... Wont answer phone calls anymore or texts...

He contacts you from wanted ads saying he has whatever it is you're looking for... I have over 1000 feedback and bought and sold hundreds of items on forums, etc. so I'm no rookie at making online transactions. first time for everything and he got me.... I was looking for old caddy parts and talked to him on the phone for 30 min the first time and a hour the 2nd... he talks about how he is a true "american" and it's unfortunate there are "scammers" out there, blah blah blah.... really long story, but he will contact you from wanted ads.

mark13018 said:
**SCAMMER ALERT**
I just got ripped off by this guy so please REPOST AND SHARE so no one else gets taken buy this guy.

William Roberts ( 57 years old )
3751 Sunbury Rd.
Columbus, OH 43219
614-359-2283 (maybe group mass text/calling? ;) )

Talks some good talk but will just take your money and run... Wont answer phone calls anymore or texts...

He contacts you from wanted ads saying he has whatever it is you're looking for... I have over 1000 feedback and bought and sold hundreds of items on forums, etc. so I'm no rookie at making online transactions. first time for everything and he got me.... I was looking for old caddy parts and talked to him on the phone for 30 min the first time and a hour the 2nd... he talks about how he is a true "american" and it's unfortunate there are "scammers" out there, blah blah blah.... really long story, but he will contact you from wanted ads.

Hopefully it helps others avoid this.

I buy almost nothing online without my American Express... and cash in hand when in person. Sux, but we created it.

Tune-A-Fish said:
I buy almost nothing online without my American Express... and cash in hand when in person. Sux, but we created it.
AmEx is the best in the biz for online shopping. I don't buy anything online without mine.

Don't surf anywhere without it? ;D

I would assume you're talking about craigslist? Or is he a forum member here/elsewhere? I live near Akron and I've bought from both forums and craigslist so I was just wondering. Cash is def king, I always use it when selling/buying locally. Any big sales I take one of those counterfeit pens to make sure I'm getting real dough.

runmikeyrun said:
Don't surf anywhere without it? ;D

I would assume you're talking about craigslist? Or is he a forum member here/elsewhere? I live near Akron and I've bought from both forums and craigslist so I was just wondering. Cash is def king, I always use it when selling/buying locally. Any big sales I take one of those counterfeit pens to make sure I'm getting real dough.

I always act like I'm texting er somethin when they pull up too, but I'm takin pictures of the plates and them. yeah so I'm like that... so what! :eek:

Tune-A-Fish said:
I buy almost nothing online without my American Express...
Tune-A-Fish said:
I always act like I'm texting er somethin when they pull up too, but I'm takin pictures of the plates and them.

Ditto on both accounts. C.Y.A. all the way.

runmikeyrun said:
I would assume you're talking about craigslist? Or is he a forum member here/elsewhere? I live near Akron and I've bought from both forums and craigslist so I was just wondering.

Yes, Craigslist... I've bought a lot of stuff from random dudes, people here, and other forums or even long distance Craigslist transactions before... Didn't have issues before now... Guess there's a first time for everything and I won't make that mistake again :-\

On another note, I was contacted by another person that was scammed and apparently the cops over there have video footage of thus dude picking up money orders and he goes by several names and addresses. Use pay as you go phones and cover their tracks decently... He also has contacted several people who were scammed by this guy and has contacted attorney general's and law enforcement in his city and in Ohio... Hopefully they catch these bastards soon. Stealing is stealing and they need jail time

Back
Top Bottom