New Throttle Help

Kamn said:
Yay!! One person mentioned an Ultra Sonic cleaner...........a fine way of cleaning a carb without much effort, disassemble, drop parts in, let it buzz for a few hours, remove and wash, blow out all passages and reassemble

and Ichiban has a video on how to make one of these with a sander!

Maritime said:
and Ichiban has a video on how to make one of these with a sander!

That dude is a riot! Watching his vid on how to rebuild a carb is hilarious - opens the vacuum cover and 5 springs fly out =)

Hey Fish, did you get this bad boy hooked up yet? Love to see a photo of it on your ride, bet it looks great

The Jimbonaut said:
Hey Fish, did you get this bad boy hooked up yet? Love to see a photo of it on your ride, bet it looks great

Hey man! Have not gotten to the throttle and cable yet. It's only been a day! haha

I'm going to send it into Motion Pro and that'll take a about 11 days to set up...and they're located in CA while I'm in NC. So it'll probably be closer to beginning of January.

I'm tackling the carbs next. I have a friend that's going to help me out in the next week or so. He's got an impact driver too.
But I can't do nothing in that time period. So here's the breakdown of what I'm working on till the carb cleanup happens. If you have any other suggestions, let me know!
- new tires (I'm 99% positive the bike will run so I'm not worried about making bigger but necessary purchases)
- painting side covers and original airbox (decided against air pods... I'm not ready for that plus they may not fit)
- cleaning up the brakes & brake pads
- cut seat pan
- cleaning up engine covers

I've got a thread going for this build but so far only one person has shown any sign of life on it haha

Do you have a thread going for your build?

Back
Top Bottom