Jenn's 1975 400F :)

haircuttergirl

Over 1,000 Posts
I've been drooling over the 400F since the first time I laid eyes on one. Found this little girl close by and couldn't resist.

20130727_182157.jpg

I really like this bike in stock form, so my plan is a mostly stock restoration... and maybe a few minor changes.

I been waiting and waiting....AWESOME!!!!!
Only problem is I dont have a free box of parts to ship for this one. :'(
But on the good side...dont look like she needs much besides a little sweet tender love.

I'm really excited about this bike!

20130727_224730.jpg

20130727_225155.jpg

20130727_225007.jpg

20130727_225113.jpg

20130727_225017.jpg

A few things are obvious:
*Whole bike needs a good cleaning and polishing. Fresh paint & decals. (Need a left sidecover.)
*Seat needs repair. I plan to get a new seat cover.
*Tank needs body work.
*Those handlebars must go.
*Crash bars must go.

The bike isn't currently running. More on that later...

Better become really good friends with somebody who owns a sandblaster. That chrome has seen better days! I'll be watching and waiting for this thing to come out the gate screamin.

Personally I wouldn't ride her without going through the engine completely. When you let something like this sit, the oil breaks down into actual dark matter, the kind that make black holes 'n' shit. It pools around the crankcase and no matter how long you let the case drain, it will stay there. Kerosene isn't enough. Gotta split the case and hit it with a good nozzle on a garden hose. Chemtool is sorcery.

At the same time you can gauge how she's been cared for. Bent shift forks, marks from cam chain slap, dropped wrist-pin circlips ::) You'll be horrified at what you find, and grateful that you found it.

Oh jesus, highway bars on a standard bike... Scrap.

Oh! You gotta keep the seat the way it is! It's called character!

I forgot, if you need parts I can pick and sell 'em. Whole bikes here. So any part, you name it.

I'll watch. My first vintage bike was a 400f. Anyway, if you need bars, Legend Motorsports in Canada can order NOS ones for less than any dealer I found in the states even including shipping.

I'd suggest you create a naming poll, except that I've just decided beyond any doubt or counter the name you should use.

Attachments

• 1303003770683.jpg
    1303003770683.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 352
BTW...did the previous owner have a left peg leg? AND...
Did he have a pet parrot...or an eye patch? Did his vocabulary include a lot or "ARRrrr's" or any "Aye Aye's"? Did he smell of Rum or gunpowder?
Did he ever once refer to the 400 as... "Me Proud Beauty" OR "Me Olde Winch" ?
Were the only forms of acceptable payment "dab loons" or "booty"?

If any of these are true...Dont be ALARMED. However, you may have purchased her from a "Pirate"

011-pirate_01_zps771fb04d.png

Back
Top Bottom