Cheap Chinese master cylinder anyone?

hocus82

I need a master cylinder with separate reservoir to fit clip-ons on my CB650.. has anyone tried the cheap ebay kits? Link.

Kinda don't like the idea of cheap brake parts, but I see on some other forums they work well.

Got these for the 'Ace':

item.JPG

stripped most of the powder coating to get this:

item.JPG

They work fine!

Crazy

How did they work out for you? i've had chinese levers by themselves and they work excellent but the master cylinder scares me being so cheap.

any leaks?

thanks!

been wondering the same thing. I am the same way though, brakes are a little to important to go "super cheap". I ended up going with this ( http://4into1.com/replica-kawasaki-complete-brake-master-cylinder-use-on-honda-too/ ) for 2 bikes so far and am happy with the quality. Sure you only get the one lever, so you will have to buy a matching one for the clutch (they are pretty standard old bike looking levers), but I think with the round cap looks a lot better with these vintage bikes than the Chinese ones with the hose going to the reservoir. Its just one opinion though =)

that's not too bad! i was hoping for a set of say a honda or yamaha so i could buy aftermarket levers for that!

and i know i won't die from a cheap master cylinder haha

Rocco said:
and i know i won't die from a cheap master cylinder haha

we can only hope,
The issue isn't where its made but how its made. Most parts we get are going to be Chinese, Japanese, or Taiwanese. The important part is how well they were made regardless. Not to start an argument, but there are many ways you could die on a bike from a pos master cylinder failing.

agreed! i just trust a honda part more than "universal levers, good quality" in the ad!

and yes there are so many ways to die i'm just trying to lessen my chances!

Back
Top Bottom