vintage tires for xs650

dstrax

I desperately need new tires on my bike now, and was planing on going for some vintage looking tires to suit the look.

IMG_5985 copy

Im having trouble understanding the tire sizes for bikes. but the ones on it now are 100/90-19 on the front and 120/90-18 on the back.

This is the look I'm after http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-cl350-2 his sizes are 19"x4.00" front and 18"x4.00 not realy sure what that means :p
and any good places to get tires? cheap as possible.

Considering avons, firestones or Cokers. any other tires that would fit the look?

I can't help, but I have to say that's the nicest light custom xs650 I've seen.... Good stuff man!

Stick with a real tire.
Those "vintage" look tires are just for that, the look. They are poorly handling, and just flat out dangerous in the wet.

xb33bsa said:
he wants to look at his tars

He will get plenty of that in the form of Asphalt if he fits "Vintage Tyres"

Stick with a new design that will improve handling and safety. You can't see what a tyre looks like when you are moving, but you can feel the difference.

AVON RoadRiders

I've said it 1000 times - if you can see your tread while you're riding the bike, you're looking in the wrong direction. If someone else can see your tread while you're riding your bike, you're not riding fast enough.

That aside, there are some period-correct appearance tires like the Dunlop K70 which are good rubber. Just don't buy any tire brand that starts with F and stick to the OEM spec sizes if you want the bike to handle.

Here's some Dunlop K70 on my Triumph.

4FC7D2D0-4CC9-44E1-B011-E92F08ADC243_zpsljebi6av.jpg

01184369-D72D-477F-BEF4-1755F44BE4A3_zpsoa8wiuft.jpg

Back
Top Bottom