Question about Keihin carbs off my 76' CJ360

renslow

Been Around the Block
I have the stock Keihin 759A carbs and the carb body itself needs to replaced. Im having a tough time finding 759A's is it possible to use carbs off a cb/cl360 for my cj360? Could I use Keihin 747b's off a cl360? or Keihin's off a cb360? (both carbs would be replaced of course) Gah i just need some guidance and i know there are some honda cb guru's in here. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

If you are looking for a new replacement I would try sudco.com

Just call them and ask if they have a replacement carb.

Yeahh all they have for replacements are the mikuni's. I wish i could afford them but im really on a budget. Do all honda 360 carbs interchange with eachother? I found a set of 76' cl360 carbs but i want to make sure they'll work with my cj360/

I have a set of cb carbs with fresh rebuild kit and a set of pods?

Just a thought....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

They all interchange but some are jetted different (CL,CJ)
You can swap fuel jets around but some air jets are pressed in and ned different modifications.
(if you fit pods they need modification anyway)
I can't remember if all the manifolds are the same, (pretty sure they are)
I have various manifolds I swap around including aftermarket and different manufacturers (Yamaha, Suzuki, K&L)

Okay great! Thanks for the replies i ended up picking up a pair of 76' cb360t carbs for a good price. So since i've already bought bigger jets and a gasket kit for my cj360 carbs will everything swap over? These arent the pressed in jets are they?...If not i know its not a big deal and i can just order new sets. My keihin guru's thank you!

The fuel jets are screwed in, the air jets could be pressed in
If your using pods you will need some modifications for carbs to work properly, just changing jets isn't enough
3 jet Kei-Hin CV carbs are 'interesting' when used with non-stock airbox/filters

Yeah i plan on running pods so ive been doing as much research as possible to understand what im getting myself into. I picked up some 115 mains that i plan on swapping in. Other then that arent all the jets the same?(stock carbs compared to the cb/cj360 keihins) I heard 115 mains and 68 primaries or even 70 primaries are the way to go on pod filters with the 360 motor. Obviously im not expecting a plug in play without expecting these to be a hassel. Just excited to start fresh.

Attachments

• carbspecs.jpg
    carbspecs.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 636
Main jet is very dependent on exhaust system.
I use 112 with long exhaust, BDN needs 122 with his louder, larger diameter system.
Stock pilot is usually fine, the original air filters do not restrict flow at low/medium RPM
Air jets and maybe emulsion tubes need modification to work like stock (but better ;) )
I've spent several years finding out what to do and charge for 'fixing' stock carbs for pods.
Sizes are real critical for good mid range.
BTW, 350 carbs are not the same as 360

renslow said:
Yeah i plan on running pods so ive been doing as much research as possible to understand what im getting myself into. I picked up some 115 mains that i plan on swapping in. Other then that arent all the jets the same?(stock carbs compared to the cb/cj360 keihins) I heard 115 mains and 68 primaries or even 70 primaries are the way to go on pod filters with the 360 motor. Obviously im not expecting a plug in play without expecting these to be a hassel. Just excited to start fresh.

Renslow,

PJ is the man to talk to, send him your carbs and he will modify them to work with a pod/exhaust set up. He is the only guy on here I know of with the understanding for the modifications.
There are plenty of people on here running their carbs without the mods, and I think all would agree that the bike runs. But if you dont want to deal with dead spots in the throttle or play the to rich, to lean game I would just have him do them. He is more than reasonably priced!

I messed with mine for months, and was never happy where I could get them, I finally sent them to PJ a few weeks ago.

I might be interested in doing that. Im aware that the 350 and 360 carbs are different. Im running a pretty short exhaust too so i may keep the 115's. When i get them all cleaned up and what not i'll be sure to pm PJ about having a little help. I'm okay with spending money to have things done right im thankful for all the help on here i'd be lost without it.

Talk to the folks at pjmotorsports.com in oregon. Guys are awesome, helpful and good at what they do. Which is carbs He just did a bang up job on my keihins from my CB 500T

Back
Top Bottom