Aussie 1982 CB750 DOHC - First Build

And just a couple more pics.

y7e6ezy2.jpg

a2uvuqab.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that came out super tidy, did you paint the cases?

where did you get the cleaning done im in need with my xl and trx. did he charge a are and a leg?

Hey mate,
There's no paint on it at all, that's the natural metal colour. I haven't got a final bill as I've kept throwing things in for blasting but will let you know prices once he's done. He's a nice guy working from his shed in Glenhaven.
Dropped the carbies off yesterday even though I had already cleaned the hell out of them and reassembled, I saw how great the cases came out and couldn't leave them like that.

neevo said:
Dave Mac?

Onboard just out of admiration for the way you are heading this build. I have an 82' 750F as well but it's just been sitting and waiting. You however are totally owning this one. Nice work man.

canyoncarver said:
Onboard just out of admiration for the way you are heading this build. I have an 82' 750F as well but it's just been sitting and waiting. You however are totally owning this one. Nice work man.

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words!

750mors said:
That would be the guy! I think it was in you thread that I found his details originally!

What a legend that chap is. Gotta love a fresh vapour blasted motor :)

Good to see you doing this properly, it will be a killer bike once finished. I still get twinges looking at those wheels, too sexy.

When I started the build I was more of the mind of just slapping it together on the cheap, but as soon as I got more involved I realised I wanted to get it right. I want to be proud of what I'll be riding one day.
And by the looks of it, you'll be riding before me mate!

Oh and you should feel how light these wheels are! I've got to get some scales to compare to the cb wheels and gsxr wheel I've got.

750mors said:
And by the looks of it, you'll be riding before me mate!

Eeeeeeerrrm, I doubt that ;)

750mors said:
Oh and you should feel how light these wheels are! I've got to get some scales to compare to the cb wheels and gsxr wheel I've got.

Yeah ok!!!! Stop rubbing it in!

750mors said:
We could have a build off! Haha

Fark that, you've done more in a few months than I have in almost 2 1/2 years!

I'm defo the tortoise in this race.

Edit: as in... Bloody slow!

I like riding too much to have an unridable bike sitting in the garage, and the wife won't let me buy another one so it's full steam ahead for me.
I got my spacers today, just need to polish the rear axle sleeve down to fit the bearings. I'll spend the night on them at work tomorrow. Also going to cut down and re thread the pivot bolt now that I don't have the rear peg mounts.

Decided the neatest and easiest way to put in a strong upper mount for the rear shock would be to remove the pressed steel plate that is the mounting point for the airbox (gone), the battery tray (gone) and the fuel tank (will reincorporate that into the mount).

Original:
pu9u2eru.jpg

Going:
hygu6a4u.jpg

Gone:
sajyge2u.jpg

Got to love when the grinding disc hits you so hard that it sprays blood everywhere!
y6uqabe5.jpg

Night shift tonight which means an empty workshop to play in! ;)

Matt

It hit my finger and went down to the knuckle. I'm not too game to take the tape off because I think it'll need stitches, but if I continue to ignore it then it never happened!! ::)

Matt

Back
Top Bottom