1974 CB360 Fallin' Ditch Hell Ride

Haha. With ya.

But for the sake of details, here's the original side cover mod before I changed it to the braided AN hose and fittings.
874b5af020bd26fab2cc5854e120c479.jpg

I have since replaced the barbed fitting with a 1/8"MPT to 6AN 45° fitting on the side cover and a 1/8"MPT to 1/8"MPT fitting on the rocker cover. Then on the rocker cover, that 1/8MPT fitting goes to a 1/8FPT coupling to a 1/8MPT to 6AN 90° elbow fitting. The hose has 6AN straight swivel fittings on both sides.

Not yet. I haven't run it for testing. I just got the final bits for the carbs, so I'm hoping to have it firing here soon. The modded Dyna is a crap shoot and I'm attempting to run it with wasted spark, so there's a few things that may need to be sorted to run well.

I think you'll need a restrictor in the line (although I've considered doing similar mod and having crank fed after the oil goes to cam bearings/cam,)
Block off the passage at rear of cylinders between clutch cover and crankcase so oil still gets into the main gallery and centrifugal filter but doesn't feed direct to it.
Oil coming down cylinder studs will still get to main bearings and transmission (which won't happen if you block the crankcase drilling’s to studs)

I like the versatility of the AN stuff too, you can convert to NPT and other fittings with some determination lol:

BSA vent line adaptor

55e834dc7f0595800f67fbf78d7c2d6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

crazypj said:
Block off the passage at rear of cylinders between clutch cover and crankcase
Are you referring to the tube inside the cover, but opposite the end I tapped for the external line?

Nope, the hole just in front of cylinder base that goes all the way through to alternator cover.
It's kinda triangular/rhomboid on clutch side with a hole drilled through
The weird shaped cut away on alternator side is for tranny lubing
You already posted a picture of it, I went back and found it. Blocking the 'outlet' would force all the oil to go directly to the head then lowish pressure plus gravity feed to everywhere else. Probably need at least a 10mm bore hose for it to work though?

irk miller said:
I think this thing is fucking with me. Perhaps the best way to store a vehicle for long periods of time is in some rednecks yard, on it's side, clutch side down. The clutch looks good, and soaked in oil. There's a little sludge, but not a lot, in the oil slinger and the bottom of the case. ISO: CJ360 pickup. The gasket popped right off and looks nearly brand new. Go figure...

8987eaa115b37f992eb0feaa0ff9da27.jpg

3e5de8d00a9f5a692d2310ebc8f6f6a5.jpg

Are you building your brake hoses w part from 4into1 ? And which crush washers are you using?

trek97 said:
Are you building your brake hoses w part from 4into1 ? And which crush washers are you using?
Parts for the brake hoses come from Summit Racing. I get 10mm crush washers from there too. They have the rubber in them.

Yep,that's the one.
AsI've now been thinking a bit harder about it, I think I will modify cover or crankcase to feed cam before anything else and make something to fitinto the 'hole'. I'll probably just have a screw in plug with a 1/16" hole so it still feeds some oil through there and will make system self priming (I think there could be a possibility of air lock if hole is just plugged?)

Thanks, Matt. I knew Mydlyfkryzis posted that in Hondatwins, but it was buried somewhere in a place I forgot about.

A $6 starter delete, which is nothing more than a 41mm - 44mm expansion plug used in intake manifolds, amongst other things. I imagine a freeze plug would also work.

c53b5c0dd877070f49a2eea0ae16e00b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom