Brodie's XV1100

Re: "Vicious" Ugly Punx XV1100

Coming together indeed.

Pity about the time off. I have just been asked to stay back as most people are flooded in. Not sure why my work hasn't closed yet, people need milk I guess.

SES were talking about power and phones being out on the islands. Hope the MIL is alright mate.

e001e6043a69ef09779ff36b1b89d863.jpg

Just a quick update. Bars contact tank at switches so I will have to order a set with a slightly higher rise.

Thinking I might need to trim the seat pan at the rear to get the shape I want out of it.

As for colour, I am thinking either gloss black with gold trim or "triumph thruxton" green with yellow trim. What is everyone's opinion as I can't decide.

spotty said:
I thought paint only came in matt black

Irritating, ain't it?

I'd go with flat-black and maybe red-wheels if you absolutely MUST add a colour to the bike ;-)

I feel like Matt black 80s/90s cruiser is seriously over done.

Maybe a nice satin black with metallic accents/stripes.

I did a paint job on the max last year that was matt black with gloss black stripes, would have looked great except for the masking tape buggering up the gloss bits

may revisit that one soon

did you get much water inundation after the rains?

That would have been nice. Had not thought of that.

No water issues in my area, still raining on and off though.

Ha yeah they need to change the name of that place is the water hangs around.

I sold my ts185 yesterday so I should be able to buy 2 tm38s for this old girl.

That or Loch Hampton.

Bought some foam to shape my new seat out of today. Went with fairly high density stuff to build up the seat and then some high density stuff for comfort. Bloody spray glue cost more than the foam did and I am sure I won't use all of it.

"Vicious" Ugly Punx XV1100

I like the thought of green, maybe yellow but dark green and gold might be nice.

gb500.right-w.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Yep, that is one of the styles I was thinking. Just not sure I want to paint until I decide on the tank I want.

eddce00b4856fc169aad6e4a13f4b5e4.jpg

82dc01b8d9114301762e5fb19f314782.jpg

1334ffca49aa5d3ef8b2be3125216acf.jpg

6f57ed81c261f74c145ffb0466dba1a2.jpg

Nearly done with the new seat foam. I know it is going to look of with such a large area of vertical seat cover but I am hoping this will be broken up by the two different colours used in the cover.

Still need to do a bit more shaping and put the smoothing foam over it but at least it resembles the shape I was after. Not bad for my first seat I think but then I am bias.

I dig where you are going with it. Trim that seat lower edge to fit more of a frame line. Maybe do a faux oilbag as sidecovers.

Thanks. I was thinking about trimming the pan, my only concern was losing some of the strength. I will have a closer look and see how much I can remove but as you can see from the first pic there is not much to be taken away.

My other option is to build an extra subframe. The current set up is quite comfortable, I have taken the grey foam right to the pan at the back just to get my placement further back.
Due to the rear sets and low bars not much weight is on that area.

Just a quick picture update, sorry for the bad photos my phones camera doesn't deal well with shadows.

44bd19537c2f5e3967fec88333abe124.jpg

4cab07e64591ddc70b4959b56102eb75.jpg

ba6f4d1a5ba4b21a0507ce9f0d3bbdcc.jpg

Rear sets fitted but not finished. I still need to adjust heights a little and a few more fittings.

d0a801fabdc0bd5aa2d2094dce0cf353.jpg

New carbs and fairing arrived today. They are very nice and I can tell they are both from the same mold. The fairing is quite nice as well for a Chinese unit but a little bigger than I expected.

So I have been thinking about paint and decided I do want to paint it dark green. I had a crazy idea about using chalkboard paint but it is brush on so I might give that a miss.

As for the seat cover. I want brown on the seat and had thought of using a brown panel in the centre of the seat. I am now thinking of using brown on the outside with black around the lower section to try and hide the bulkyness of the seat. If I design the brown on the cover to only drop as low as the bottom of the tank and use black below that it should help. What is everyone else opinion.

Out with the old.
e98448dd1e66cb29f6d6e512707751f9.jpg

In with the new.
8029eace2411b52f7064ba95f279faf4.jpg

And the verdict is...... Front cylinder not firing.
So as this is my first bike that isn't a thumper I have a question to those in the know. Will the idle being different effect if the cylinder fires or not?

If it is not fuel the next thing will be checking the coil, which will be new to me as well.

Dummy fitted the fairing as well. I am not sure on the height. I might get some headlight ears and a new headlight if I don't like it. Otherwise the bike is heading in the direction I had hoped for.
98c66bf57dc3b2ced938a240d61d43ce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom