Bike/Project Names-Post yours

baconpocket

eating bacon
ok, i know i like to name my vehicles, because they always seem to take on a personality or direction of their own and i'm almost settled on a name for my new bike purchase (my cm400 project)

i thought it would be fun to have a thread where people post the names they gave their project, and if they want, a description of why

i think i'm gonna name mine Giada after the hot chick on the food network
giada-delaurentiis-3-08073.jpg

let's hear yours

Giada in tomato juice = AWESOME SAUCE.

Well anyway, I gave my bike two pending names. El Rojo Rapido and La Cucaracha.

Rojo Rapido because it'll be red and fast, and La Cucaracha because 30 years couldn't kill this thing, and I'm pretty sure a nuclear explosion won't either. Also, my gf hates roaches so she feels the same way about the bike.

You never know though, I might come up with another name once it's finished.

gumby tinkerdeere. because it started out as tinkerbelle, but everyone has their own jokes about who the previous owner may have been. i tried to incorporate the ones i got most frequently.

i've got a yamaha rat bike named stinky. it just fit. yamaha with a tractor seat and two fire extinguishers for the gas tank.

the other ones don't have names yet. naming 23 bikes will take some time.

Mine's a long wheelbase laydown sidecar that I named "Screwball". So named after a friend looked at it during construction and declared it an "effin screwball idea". Its now an El Mirage record holder but the name stuck.

Loudbike because it's so quiet and reserved, and I was having too hard a time in my blog distinguishing between it and my other 360. SixtyNine because The last two digits in the vin are 69 and it's a race replica build (so the number name works) And Squid because the CB750 was the first superbike so, it's kind of the essence of squid itself, and squids are pink, at least in cartoons they are.

The Ducati doesn't have a name... I don't think I have enough emotion invested in it to name it. I suppose I call it Daily sometimes.

my CB is 'The Funknasty' and my GT185 zuki is 'The Dirty Juice'

Funknasty stems from a former life as a dwarf warrior (since switched to horde tauren warrior, everyone knows they're the cool cats) and The Dirty Juice was the name of my old hacky sack back in college.

my CB360 is called "Mississippi Queen" well...... 'because she taught me everything'

my CL450 is dubbed 'Slo ride' because i bought it the day i watched dazed and confused for the first time

My old CB750 was the "Piss Tin" the CB200 was "the devils scooter" and i haven't been able to come up with a name for my new 02 Buell x1w yet...everyone says "white lightning" but i think that sucks.

Buell1.jpg

Nixon, because it's a tricky dick.

And, '72 was a big year for Richard. No, I wasn't even alive in '72.

I still refer to her as a "she" though. I think all vehicles should be "shes".

If you can call a girl Madison, Kennedy, Hayes or Reagan, I can call me bike Nixon. Who knows, maybe it will catch on as a girl name. Kind of sounds like vixen. ;)

DSC00029_cropped.JPG

I very recently got a 1968 CB450

I haven't officially christened my bike yet, I was thinking "Jude" which is on the White Album which was released in 1968, or "Molly" from Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da from the same album.

Interesting topic, nice to know you guys...and gals, name your bikes. My son and I have two current cafe projects 1976 CB750K and CB750F. I've been an anglophile for a long time and talking about the Ace Cafe, British bikes and rock and roll we thought our project should be the "Werewolves of London", my bike is named "Zevon".

warren-zevon1.jpg

1977 BMW R75/7 cafe/buffet racer (depending if the saddle bags are off or on)

Mojo

The name just seemed right. A mojo is a small bag, a type of magic charm, containing botanical, zoological, and/or mineral curios, petition papers, and the like. It is typically worn by a person under the clothes. So my Mojo is an aluminium, steel, rubber & leather vessel containing fluids of oil, gas and no small amount of my blood, sweat & tears and not mention samples of my skin.

Now that's clever, Dan! I've not named any projects, but come to think of it, I have casually named my bikes. My first gixxer 750 was called simply, Suzi. My awesome ZX9R was Greenie Meanie. My Gixxer 1K was the Beastie Boy, and the XB12R was just plain old Buellie! My XB9R track bike is dubbed Frankenbuell because it is made of the bones of many dead Buells! My cafe project/bike has no name, perhaps because its character hasn't yet made itself evident.

When my project finally gets off the ground, I wanted to go with a vintage style british racer...from a CB500T. I wanted to do a play on the Vincent Black Shadow name, without using terms already in use. So...black shadow is out, as is black bomber. I've been thinking of naming it "Black Phantom."

Back
Top Bottom