Full-Face Vintage, anyone?

I have several and wear them occasionally. Minimal protection at best but they look rad. Thin padding and the chin bar doesn't touch your face.

2317248647_5d052130dd_z.jpg

vintagegearhead said:
...I'd like to know how well they work...
Depends on what you mean.
Are they better than nothing? Yes.
Are they better than an open face? Yes.
Are they comparable to todays full face offerings? Not even close.
I had myself a Bell Star II back in the day, DOT and SNELL approved for their standards back then.
We've come a LOOOOOONG way.
normal_1977-Star-Magnum-Bell-Helme.jpg

I heard that some company (which one escapes my memory) is putting out a '60s/'70s style helmet. I'd like to here more about the functionality of that when it comes out, but until then I'll just stick with my HJC. I won't go open face.

I'm rocking an 80's FF Simpson darth vader looking thing in black. looks cool as hell but upgrading to a modern FF as soon as i can.

whorobj said:
I'm rocking an 80's FF Simpson darth vader looking thing in black. looks cool as hell but upgrading to a modern FF as soon as i can.
vintagegearhead said:
I like the Darth Vader look, I would totally rock that. Someone should do a modern DOT version of that helmet.

DAMN... I'm getting old... considered that a modern helmet. ::)

Yep - Biltwell has shown prototype molds, but given they had to recall the lower profile DOT El Fuerte just recently, I'm not holding my breath.

vintagegearhead said:
I like the Darth Vader look, I would totally rock that. Someone should do a modern DOT version of that helmet.
I like a couple of these
http://www.alienhelmets.com/Alien-Helmets.htm

Love all these 'novelty' helmet companies. Might as well mold something yourself at home out of paper mache and spray paint it.

Vintage helmets are like Firestone Champion tires. One, if you care more about the look than how they perform, you might reconsider risking your life on a motorcycle and Two, if the people around you can see the tread of your tires or make of your helmet, you're simply not riding quickly enough.

Tim said:
Yep - Biltwell has shown prototype molds, but given they had to recall the lower profile DOT El Fuerte just recently, I'm not holding my breath.

They posted this to FB a few weeks ago. Maybe a name change. Gringo prototype:
gringoprototype.jpg

This one on ebay is interesting, although it reminds me of the minion guys from Despicable Me ;D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/cool-vintage-bubble-motorcycle-helmet-mod-cafe-racer-vlv-racing-stripe-60s-70s-/170978562037?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cf1dcff5&vxp=mtr

$T2eC16d,!w0E9szN,FyCBQ7K9+)+g!~~60_57.JPG

I say that's a snowmobile helmet. The starting bid is ridiculous, it's not that rare or even a good helmet.

Back
Top Bottom