Why not one more. Snowmobile engine board track "replica"

Re: Why not one more. Snowmobile engine deadtail

Tune-A-Fish said:
Not Snickers barz and Twinkies though.... right? :-[
Absolutely man

And Oreos man. Deep fry the Oreos. With bacon. I'm hungry.

Piston, rings, crank bearings and seals and a gasket kit came in for the old hirth today =)

9f6ad48e6c7a21a35667349d9350cb1a.jpg

Still have some tweaking to do and some parts to finish machining, but I got my plates from the water jet today. This should work just fine.

93cc89049efa37ea160821b4668647ba.jpg

7543a055dd3561a0be57c7ed5442bc01.jpg

cd842a77cc9efa9c8d9c0f46bdbe2bd3.jpg

Finished up my axle plates by tig welding in a nut. Need a bolt with a few more threads though lol

f1e608dcd3dc783c473ec56ac0aaede4.jpg

a0a43981f8c8dfa8a7f034a06a09107d.jpg

Brodie said:
Done yet?
It's been officially boxed up and back burnered for now, but I still have hope for it someday

Need to think B I G. How about swapping that motor for a Polaris XCR800 or maybe just a simple 800cc 180hp twin for laughs?

Or just a simple Pro-x 440 twin making 100HP. :)

teazer said:
Need to think B I G. How about swapping that motor for a Polaris XCR800 or maybe just a simple 800cc 180hp twin for laughs?

Or just a simple Pro-x 440 twin making 100HP. :)
Funny you mention an xcr800. Dad had one a few years back. Tuned pipes, power valves, a few other things. 180 hp at the clutch. That thing was wild. I couldn't imagine holding on to that thing in a bike lol

Dr. Rob Tuluie (the rocket scientist and head of Renault F1 R&D team) put a Polaris twin in the TULDA and that made around 180 HP. It was supposedly a complete beast to ride. There are tamer motors that you could probably pick up cheaply without going completely bonkers.

teazer said:
Dr. Rob Tuluie (the rocket scientist and head of Renault F1 R&D team) put a Polaris twin in the TULDA and that made around 180 HP. It was supposedly a complete beast to ride. There are tamer motors that you could probably pick up cheaply without going completely bonkers.
Yeah, I had a friend making close to that on a skidoo (rotax) 800 twin fairly dependable too, there is just something I like about the old 300 one lunger got this project though lol I have plans for a snowmobile engine powered dirt drag bike someday tough ;)

Theses are both snowmobile motors in regular drag bikes with sled clutches and are wicked fast.

DSCN3013_zpsba5cb2d7.jpg

For now, build what you have and avoid getting dragged off target by people like me. :)

teazer said:
Theses are both snowmobile motors in regular drag bikes with sled clutches and are wicked fast.

DSCN3013_zpsba5cb2d7.jpg

For now, build what you have and avoid getting dragged off target by people like me. :)

Someday =)

f85ee58acffe12e49a6172c0bf593336.jpg

Back
Top Bottom