Rear Sets On My Yamaha XS650

XS650RR

Go'n In Deeper ... Come'n Out Harder
These are a set that I bought off of ebay and made the carriers to fit the bike, not quite completed yet but they will work like a dream. I bought them off the ebay store cosmo motors (I listed it in the ebay section)

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

WOW. How'd you make those brackets? How much would you charge for another set similar to that? ;)

Tintin said:
WOW. How'd you make those brackets? How much would you charge for another set similar to that? ;)

ohhh.. Tim is thinking....Is it possible that Tim is going to buy a XS650 in the near future??!!... Is Tim planning to build the ultimate cafe racer bike???!!!...hmmmm....Stay tuned fans... LOL!!!

Well, I do already have those exact same Tarozzi rearsets sitting new in a bag.

BTW - That's some swingin' swing arm you've got there. Make it yourself? Let's see more of that overall project :)

Ok I will answer everybody's question here.

A/ The left side of the bike is an exact replica of the right. The only difference being the shift linkage. I can't complete the install until the frame comes back from powder coating.

B/ The brackets I made on a cnc machine that I had access to (friends shop). I will inquire if he is agreeable to me using it again, it will depend on how busy his shop is. Not sure on the price .... never did it for anyone before.

C/ The swing bracing I did myself as well. Had a friend bend the tubing for me and welded away. It is a stock XS swingarm, the only modification is the bracing and the bronze bushing kit installed.

This is a picture of the bike back in October. The bike is currently at a friends shop while I do some more fabricating and then off to the powder coaters.

308097460_65ca85583e_b.jpg

When UR done that bike, call me first before you sell it to anyone...LOL.. ;D
I GET FIRST DIBS ON BUYING IT!!...

locOleoN said:

Noel ... how large is your cheque book ?? .... LOL Hahahahahahhhhhhhhhhaaaa

XS650RR said:
locOleoN said:

Noel ... how large is your cheque book ?? .... LOL Hahahahahahhhhhhhhhhaaaa

Dont worry about $$.. I got investors and fundraser people lined up...
ButterflyMETH can raise cash pretty darn fast if need be!!...
Did you see the line up to her "Kissing Booth" at the last bike show in Jan?? $100/smooch.

LOL!!!

XS650RR said:
Tintin said:
What sort of tank is that btw?

The tank is a Yamaha TZ replica .... from The Tank Shop in Scotland.

Good gosh - MR915 might have a million dollar CB750, but this will be a million dollar XS650! Sweet. One day I'll call them up and order a tank... one day. :)

BTW - I'm also interested in knowing the details on the exaust system you have pictured. I'm thinking a high-mounted 'scrambler' style dual exaust but haven't seen any for sale anywhere.

Gettin' excited! Noel - let's go get this thing!

Tintin said:
BTW - I'm also interested in knowing the details on the exaust system you have pictured. I'm thinking a high-mounted 'scrambler' style dual exaust but haven't seen any for sale anywhere.

Gettin' excited! Noel - let's go get this thing!

It is made by a company out of Texas called Jemco. They do not stock them, they will only make to order. It takes approx 2-3 weeks. Here is a picture of my friend Wally's XS Street Tracker with the system mounted, so get the idea of how it will look. The only difference between my pipe and Wally's is the coating. Wally's is ceramic coated and mine is nickel.

Guys get on the Yamaha Team ... the ideas are endless ;D

WronkaToy1.jpg

Not for the faint of heart these projects, that's for sure!

I'm going to pick up this 650 and pretty much immediately pull the engine out (after some preliminary compression checks and draining the oil). It will come into the house for whatever rebuilding might be needed, although the friend who has it now had been riding it and everything was in order. Mostly I expect to clean it up, remove the black paint if possible and polish the aluminum bits.

Rebuild the carbs, front forks, replace the rear shocks, maybe find some alloy rims and respoke the wheels etc.

Figure it will take me a year or two of tinkering and patiently assembling the bits I want. Will focus on the mechanics and structure before diving too far into aesthetics.

Will be a real pleasure to have a perfectly running bike while I have this project to tinker with.

Tintin said:
Not for the faint of heart these projects, that's for sure!

I'm going to pick up this 650 and pretty much immediately pull the engine out (after some preliminary compression checks and draining the oil). It will come into the house for whatever rebuilding might be needed, although the friend who has it now had been riding it and everything was in order. Mostly I expect to clean it up, remove the black paint if possible and polish the aluminum bits.

Rebuild the carbs, front forks, replace the rear shocks, maybe find some alloy rims and respoke the wheels etc.

Figure it will take me a year or two of tinkering and patiently assembling the bits I want. Will focus on the mechanics and structure before diving too far into aesthetics.

Will be a real pleasure to have a perfectly running bike while I have this project to tinker with.

Great news !!!. Have fun with the build and like I said earlier should you need help with anything just give me a shout. ;D

If you only do one thing to the bike ..... change the carbs !!!!. Discard the CV's and put a set of 34/36mm Mikuni VM's on. This small change will make a huge difference to your bike. Check out www.sportingforless.com they are out of Nigara Falls NY and have the best price on the Mikuni kit anywhere, it comes with the 2 carbs, cable and 2 filter pods (K&N style). Beleive me I have tried everywhere, including Winner's Circle here in the Toronto area, and they are the Canadian distributor and still could not match the price. :eek:

What I still haven't found a good source for is the service and parts manuals. For my Honda, I was able to source PDF copies of both manuals, and have original Honda factory service and parts manuals as well.

For my BMW, I have software for every bloody BMW vehicle made, all the way from my '75 R75 to the Mini Cooper S.

For the xs650, I've found smatterings of manuals for one year or another, but nothing comprehensive. Any suggestions?

Tintin said:
What I still haven't found a good source for is the service and parts manuals. For my Honda, I was able to source PDF copies of both manuals, and have original Honda factory service and parts manuals as well.

For my BMW, I have software for every bloody BMW vehicle made, all the way from my '75 R75 to the Mini Cooper S.

For the xs650, I've found smatterings of manuals for one year or another, but nothing comprehensive. Any suggestions?

TinTin ... I have a couple of contacts, let me rumage through my paperwork and see what I can come up with. I have a parts book that I will photo copy and send to you. PM with your address, or e-mail me ian.mccallum@rogers.com

Back
Top Bottom