'81 kz440: brat cafe build

Maybe shorten up the back fender a bit more? I quite enjoyed the front fender in the more dirtbike position. Ive been wanting try try a front fender that only extends behind the forks, not in front.

compoundcycles said:
Maybe shorten up the back fender a bit more? I quite enjoyed the front fender in the more dirtbike position. Ive been wanting try try a front fender that only extends behind the forks, not in front.

agreed. you can't tell in the pics, but there's a dotted line of where i want to cut it off at, haha. that would be interesting for a front fender, i wonder if you'd get any spray...

started on a heat shield today. little more filing and it should be good to go. steel frame with perforated aluminum inner.

405754528.jpg

really cool bike!!

and that heat cover is pretty nice! Need something on mine. Going to make it tomorrow.. hopefully.

thanks! i just mounted it yesterday and i'm pretty happy with it. i'll have to get a pic of it and a few other updates i've made lately.

Yeah man! put some updates here!

ps. i have posted some pics of my cone pipes as u wanted to know how its build...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=44492.new#new

been a long time, but the bike is "finished" for now. just need to tune up the brakes and renew my registration. gonna be a good summer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgrxHxxJ6Uo

great feeling indeed! just waiting on my registration sticker to come in and i can start riding it everywhere. and compound, i noticed that when i saw the vid of your bike running! i was actually very surprised at how muffled the sound was when i first got it started. any updates on yours, or just working out little kinks?

Yep, just tweaking the carbs and buttoning up the wiring. I got the title in the mail just yesterday! I shot some photos as soon as they're ready I'll update with a final post. Can't believe it's almost over...time for the next one.

Do you have any closeup pics of the leg guard all mounted up?

So I haven't posted in this thread for a long time, been too busy enjoying riding this old gal all summer :) had it at a few bike nights and got a ton of attention with it, but it made me realize I really needed to paint it. So I finally did! Still wanted the raw look without it rusting, and I love old school looking lettering, so this I what I went with...

407727973.jpg

407727972.jpg

407727971.jpg

407727969.jpg

It's actually a light cream color at the top of the letters, not a dull yellow like it looks in the pics. I finished it all off (along with the front fender) with 2k clear coat. First time using it, and am is it awesome. Made a believer outta me. Easy to use, dries fast and to a super smooth finish. Will definitely be using it again in the future.

Thanks shermanator! And m.b.co, I do, it's posted one page back. You were actually the first one to comment on it and how you liked the sound haha.

7aliveatlast7 said:
Thanks shermanator! And m.b.co, I do, it's posted one page back. You were actually the first one to comment on it and how you liked the sound haha.

Thats right, I thought I did...ha. It's been a long day at work.

Back
Top Bottom