MGD's 1975 CB360T

BlueCB360

Been Around the Block
p4020001p.jpg

p4210002c.jpg

Hi everybody, I'm new here. I just picked up this 360 two weeks ago. I'm new to the cafe style world, and road bike in general. I built up a Ruckus a couple of years ago, and now I need something a little bigger. I had to start some where. So I looked for a bike I could work with. The engine needs some attention, but runs and drives very well. I put on all new brakes and tires to shake it down, and see what else it may need. Some how the owner I bought it from didn't need top shock acorn nuts. Nor did he know how to use the electric start. He claimed he never used it. I found out why. The bars were changed, and some one smashed the start button into the tank, making it useless. I pulled the wires back so it wouldn't "automatically" engage. It works great regardless.

Any support on custom parts would be a big help.

Thanks.

Re: 1975 CB360 Milwaukee

p4170003e.jpg

Made up a bracket for the LED tail light/directionals.

I use factory mounting points to hold it all in place.

I moved the horn and key switch. I cut the key down and use the choke select switch off a Honda snow blower to make up my ignition switch.

I found a NOS Jardine on craigs list locally. Turns out the guy has all sorts of parts for 360's, gaskets, carb rebuild kits, side covers.

Re: 1975 CB360T Milwaukee

Found a way to mount up my lights. I also found a nylon rear sprocket on ebay. I have to spend a night taking the rear end apart, again.

Let's just say the tail light fits within the Honda family. It's hard to get a picture of it, but the tail light has amber turn signal LED in between the red LED's. Three rows sequentially.

You really need a fork brace, forks twist like crazy without it

Alot of things going on lately. I found out I need to replace the cylinders, but then I already knew I needed to tear down the engine for seals and gaskets.

Also crazypj was nice enough to mill me some pieces, one of which I haven't seen before, a speedo delete. It look too good, like I should rub it with dirt and oil before putting it on the bike. Very nice work PJ. It fits very well. No pictures yet but he also carved out a tach block off and factory peg bushings. C'mon custom rearsets!!

I decided to move the ignition switch again, after I put on my headlight brackets. The pointer of the switch is inline with the bracket in the "on" position.

Mounted the nylon sprocket(flat blacked it), but I really need a snap ring tool to get this sucker back on.

Oh, I also ordered a 74 kick stand, due to the fact it didn't have a whole lot of crap hanging off of it. Sadly, it's too tall, and doesn't hold the bike up well. So out came the grinder.

crazypj said:
You really need a fork brace, forks twist like crazy without it

Good to know, I have only taken her out around the block a few times to shake her down. I did cut the fender free of the bracket, perhaps it will get cleaned up for installation.

Paint it satin black and it doesn't show too much at a glance
That speedo spacer looks good fitted, I haven't seen one 'complete' on bike before
I'll have to make one for me when I get some more bar

crazypj said:
Paint it satin black and it doesn't show too much at a glance
That speedo spacer looks good fitted, I haven't seen one 'complete' on bike before
I'll have to make one for me when I get some more bar

I'd be interested in rear axle spacers made out of aluminum also. 8)

Rear spacers look just like stock but are about 1/4 the weight.
I made a set for my 378

I have seriously never seen a nylon rear sprocket for a motorcycle before ;D....

crazypj said:
Rear spacers look just like stock but are about 1/4 the weight.
I made a set for my 378

Let me know what you need, and when you need it.

Nylon sprockets were all the rage for about one year back in the seventies and then they just vanished. Some people say that they last well and are quiet and smooth. Other complain that they strip teeth and are useless. The latter may have been an issue.

I ordered 1-1/4" bar for spacers ;)

Nylon sprockets seem to work pretty well as long as weather isn't too cold and your not drag racing.
I seem to remember the bolt holes stretching?
you may need a ring/plate under nuts?
Should be good on lower power bikes?

I don't think I'll be drag racing anytime soon. I'll keep the factory sprocket on hand, if I do have any issues I will switch back to steel.

BlueCB360 said:
I don't think I'll be drag racing anytime soon. I'll keep the factory sprocket on hand, if I do have any issues I will switch back to steel.
'Dural' sprockets are pretty good, if you want something light and acceptable strong. :)
I prefer steel anyway 8)
Let us know about the nylon one, just out of interest, could always be interesting for a chain spanner...

I don't have an issue with steel sprockets on street bikes, thye may be heavier but they do last longer.
If I ever get around to finishing a race/track bike I will go with alloy or even nylon

Back
Top Bottom