Going to Harbor Freight tonight...

Jfishsolevibe

Coast to Coast
Ooooh Yeah! You know that feeling! The feeling of the potential to buy a lot of tools for really really cheap, that may or may not last beyond their first use! On tonights list: new buffing wheel, cheap ass drill press (speed holes here I come! hahaha), and shop towels.

Lets here about some harbor freight tool experiences!

I've got a Harbor Freight within 2 of my house. :eek: I try to keep it to a once a week visit. ;)
And I hear ya about throw away power tools. If I get more than one project done from a tool from there I consider myself lucky.

Whoa John! If you want a drill press I'll give you one for free. I don't know when it was used last and has some surface rust all over it but it's yours if you want it.

Big R said:
Whoa John! If you want a drill press I'll give you one for free. I don't know when it was used last and has some surface rust all over it but it's yours if you want it.
Shit R, if john doesnt take it im in the market for one. Surface rust is cool, I hate new tools. So much prettier than me! :D

Whoever wants it can have it. Matter of fact i'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Bought a HF 6" hot saw. Used the 5 cutoff wheels that came w/ it and went to buy more the other day. Found out that HF doesn't sell 6" cut off wheels and that no one else does for that matter. Guy told me to buy the 7" wheels and take off the guard. Jackass.

Speaking of drill presses, mine was built in 1932 and works just like the day it was made. Been in the family since new.

I don't know where my Dad got it, but he gave it to me when I bought my house. I know it's not a family heirloom or anything. Been sitting in the basement untouched for about 2 years now. Somebody remind me to post that pic around 7am? I'm at work all night for the next 12 hours and will probably forget

harbor freights power tools sometimes arent so bad. my drill press is from there, and so are my bits. i build steel and brass tattoo machines and drill both metals ALLLL day.

my sander is from there too and works wonders.

their hand-tools though...sometimes laughable.

i need to go there and a. pick up a gift card for my step dad. b. get some sort of new lights for my garage. its dim as hell in there and i want to work all hours of the night!

Pay shipping and it's yours. Ha! Yeah right. My mailman would kick me in the nuts. Let me plug it in to make sure it spins and take a pic of it in the morning. If everything is all good, we could maybe meet halfway or something.

Here it is - couldn't plug it in though without moving it into another room. And ignore the plastic 90 degree elbow on the handle. Don't know how that got there.

IMGP2654.jpg

IMGP2655.jpg

mikeadamstattoo said:
harbor freights power tools sometimes arent so bad. my drill press is from there, and so are my bits. i build steel and brass tattoo machines and drill both metals ALLLL day.

my sander is from there too and works wonders.

their hand-tools though...sometimes laughable.

i need to go there and a. pick up a gift card for my step dad. b. get some sort of new lights for my garage. its dim as hell in there and i want to work all hours of the night!
Hey man, have any pics of your machines? A good friend of mine is a tattoo artist, and Id love to pick him up a custom machine if ya build em' to sell...

Jfishsolevibe said:
R. Where are you at exactly again? Im in the city.
Not sure what ya drive J, but I have a truck, and am about 1/2 way between you guys if ya need a hand.

I drive an 84 Aero 50 bro! I was gonna holler at my buddy whos got a sweet old toyota truck with 270k on it :) You could come along for the ride if ya want! haha

I'm out of Ellwood City (south of New Castle). I don't know if I'd be able to load that thing up in my Wrangler so that offer might come in handy Mike! I'll take another look at it and let you know though.

John, we could load up that Aero with the drill but somebody would post a pic of it on the internet. You would be "that guy" that overloads there wheels ;). I pm'd you my cell number

Jfishsolevibe said:
I drive an 84 Aero 50 bro! I was gonna holler at my buddy whos got a sweet old toyota truck with 270k on it :) You could come along for the ride if ya want! haha

My thought was that I could pick it up after work for ya, and drop it off the next day when im in the city... Just let me know man!

harbor freight sells the cheapest set of through-bolster screwdrivers. 14.99

ITEM 94899-3VGA

you can bang the crap out of them all day long, and only bust 'em up a little bit.
I have 3 or 4 sets. the busted up ones are those that I shoulda used a drift...

this set alone qualifies the whole concept of harbor freight.

plus their cheap-ass earthquake impact wrench has got me out of of bind when my snap on impact wrench wouldnt do the job, and I was unwilling to spend and extra $300 to go bigger.

now I just need to find someone who sells #1, #2, #3 phillips impact inserts that dont just turn to shit when forced on on a manual impact driver.

Back
Top Bottom