Took a winter ride video

troybilt

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
Temps hit in the 20s today. Took a "cross country ;D" ride to my neighbor's farm. He raises orgainic vegetables, makes the best beer and wine you've ever tasted, and raises monster cat fish. Jim is also a Harley guy. Jim is a cool cat.

For your entertainment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwnzfiFKc5w

Re: Took a winter ride

cool video, wouldnt catch me riding it through the feild or hammering down on those dirt roads though lol. i stumbled upon your other video on youtube today also...that was a cool video too

Thanks guys. Colder than a witches tit but fun because I'm not doing it every day. Back in the day though I spent many subfreezing temp days waterwater kayaking. Anyway, My neighbor is very cool. Vietnam Vet and Harley guy but he says he really likes my bike. Could be that he is just trying to be a good neighbor. I'll take it though ;)

...he liked it till you told him it was a honda...

then he proceeded to squint his eyes and make godzilla references? haha jk

great video, thanx for posting.

It's good to see that you really ride the bike instead of hiding it in a garage somewhere.

Mike, you are a damn comedian ;D

Hey Force and Miob, thanks guys. I flog her pretty good but I always show her lots of love when I get her home ;D
Glad you liked the other video too Force.

That's just some amazing scenery you've got there. I like the way that you don't just baby your bike but actually ride it.

Great vid

Jay

ha ha ha least i know i am not the only idiot out riding!!!
but mine does not do a 1 kick start in the winter... ha ha ha not at all... love it troy, i am sooooo stoked to rip those roads when we are down there...

You ever thought of wearing gloves and some real motorcycle gear?
Its almost pleasant riding in winter with 'right stuff'
(I'm British, it does rain a lot there ;D)

PJ

JRK5892 said:
ha ha ha least i know i am not the only idiot out riding!!!
but mine does not do a 1 kick start in the winter... ha ha ha not at all... love it troy, i am sooooo stoked to rip those roads when we are down there...

while it wasnt quite 20 it was in the low 40s and I road all day today it was the first nice day we have had in a while we had 20's and 50+ mph winds all week so I just had to get out

Thanks guys. Fun little ride. I have to admit that it is only about ten minutes away.

Hey PJ I learned a little secret about cold hands while winter kayaking. If you let your hands get good and cold before you start, then right before you take off go and get them warm again for some reason they can with stand much colder temps. I have now idea why ??? Of course if its cold enough you have to consider frost bite. I left out the part in the video where I went back in and warmed my hands back up and put on gloves ;D You can just catch glimpses of them once in awhile in the riding part of the video. Oh, and also I had on many many layers of clothes. Don't let it get out though because it will ruin my reputation ;D

Hey Joe its going to be an awesome, awesome time. I can't wait to see 15 or 20 or 30 vintage cafes all together on these roads.
We will defently have to take lots of video. I'm stoked!

troybilt said:
Thanks guys. Fun little ride. I have to admit that it is only about ten minutes away.

Hey PJ I learned a little secret about cold hands while winter kayaking. If you let your hands get good and cold before you start, then right before you take off go and get them warm again for some reason they can with stand much colder temps. I have now idea why ??? Of course if its cold enough you have to consider frost bite. I left out the part in the video where I went back in and warmed my hands back up and put on gloves ;D You can just catch glimpses of them once in awhile in the riding part of the video. Oh, and also I had on many many layers of clothes. Don't let it get out though because it will ruin my reputation ;D

Hey Joe its going to be an awesome, awesome time. I can't wait to see 15 or 20 or 30 vintage cafes all together on these roads.

then pulling over 10 min down the road to fix one of them...

troybilt said:

when and where is this happening? your in western PA right?

Back
Top Bottom