differences between cb350 & cl350?

Curbcast

Over 1,000 Posts
What are all the differences between the two. My geuss:

seat
forks? Or is it just the boots switched out for the covers
pipes
jets
sidecover? Just the one for the scrambler exhaust?
tank
bars

Everything possible if you guys can come up with it. Frame & motor are bang on same?

i thought that the only differences were the bars, the pipes, and the gearing.
you could probably check the parts fiche and compare parts numbers, though

I'm sure motor is the same internally but front and rear sprockets are different. Forks have same internals.

Front wheel
CL - 19"
CB - 18"

Footpegs
CL - swept back angle
CB - straight up

Front fender
CL - higher mount, flatter, no struts
CL - struts

Pipes, seat, tank, bars are all different. Left sidecover is different to allow for high exhaust (not entirely positive about left sidecover, but both bikes should be the same). Cl has 19" front wheel, opposed to CB's 18" and the front fenders are different. I have heard transmission gearing is different, but cannot verify this. Cl headlight ears are different than CB to allow attachment of fork gaiters, otherwise I think forks are essentially the same (with a caveat: my '72 CL has different forks than all pre '73 disc brake models. It has the same pinch bolt top clamp found on 1973 disc brake CB350 model - and later CB360 - rather than the more common "bolt thru the top clamp" CB350 style. Not sure if this is original, but it seems the CL may have received the more modern fork before the CB did). At any rate, complete fork assemblies (including trees) swap between the 2 models as a bolt up trade. Both frames are the same so seats & tanks are interchangeable between models w/o modification to either.

Dr.J you ride a 350 yes? Have any 18 front wheels kicken around? I think I found a CL. But I geuss Id wanna change up the front wheel. New tank etc.

Thanks for the answers guys. Im geussing the CLs sprockets are geared for better torque acceleration?

What if you laced the rear rim with a 19. Would that work? I love big rims, little rubber. Was in thailand & the yamaha scooters there are soo incredible. All rim barely any rubber.

Curbcast said:
What if you laced the rear rim with a 19. Would that work? I love big rims, little rubber. Was in thailand & the yamaha scooters there are soo incredible. All rim barely any rubber.

I've already considered that but finding a decent 19 rear tire is a problem. Only one I can find readily available is the Avon Roadrider reverseable but it only goes to a 100 width.

Back
Top Bottom