Softail bobber

man i really like how you cleaned up the lower neck bone support man. bike looks balls! you should make the brass knucks your brake pedal. that is what i did with mine and it gets a ton of looks!
bike looks bad as hell man

Thanx JRK, That electrical braket ws buggin the shit outa me!!! ;D

I kinda like the knickles on the frame. 8)

So went down to true value today and picked up this sheet metal.

Got out the grinder and started cuttin, and drinkin!!! Made it the same shape as the mount on the hugger fender and bolted it to the arm.

Mocked up the fender and fabbed up a couple of struts.

Gotta have my buddy tack the fender to the steel plate mount. Then have to bolt the struts to the arm.

Then I should have a plain steel fender that matches the tank better and balances the look of the bike a bit more. Thats the plan anyway!!!

not to shabby! maybe use some round bar to make the side supports vs the flat stock, and carry that around the end of the fender to the other side to tie it all in. will flow nicely i think

Ya, the flat looks sorta crappy. I will probably go to the round bar. Just gotta figure out how to make the bends and get it all together.

Gave up on the rear fender project. Just couldnt get it the way I wanted it. Maybe next winter. 8)

Well, I put a new sticker on the old hugger, does that count??

Finally hooked up with the welder. GOT MY STEEL FENDER!!!!! 8)

The steel fender matches the tank nicely and really brings some balance to the bike!!!

If you look at the photo in the post above, the hugger looks really cool.......but the steel job just balances the bike better in my opinion!!!!

I love it!!! :D

Just by chance I ran into this dude yesterday from another forum. We recognized each others bikes and went for rip and some chow. Great ride!!:cool:

T-Rod45;13013116 said:
At least I finally got to see the monster in its natural habitat with my own two eyes!

And I caught this gorilla eyeballing my bike. Think he escaped from the loony bin...

My buddy finally picked his bike up. He had the shop that built the bike put on the bigger tires, different forks and some other minor changes. Man did it come out nice. Choppaheads in Mass, its 1968 triumph hardtail 650. 8)

According to my buddy it rides pretty good. The tires didnt make a huge difference. We are just street riding, not racing or carving. ;D

ctluba said:
According to my buddy it rides pretty good. The tires didnt make a huge difference. We are just street riding, not racing or carving. ;D
i was more to the short open pipes that only a complete fucking asshole would run on the street whatever, i am sure you guys do "get a lot of attention", problem is, it is the assholes that run around town with open pipes that are ruining it for everybody :mad:

Got a little pent up frustration or what dude???

I swear to christ I cant understand dudes on the net who go into peoples threads and start calling them "assholes" and stupid or whatever and call thier bikes shitboxes or whatever. I mean, I post shit for feedback and discussion and just for the fun. I'm not belly achin either. Let the shit fly, I just dont understand it. Anyways, right back at ya!! :mad: ;D

Maybe its pussies like you that are afraid of assholes like us...not sure.....cant we just all get along???? ;D

Thats what I figured....... ;D

Anyway, checked out my buddies bike in person tonight. Man it is clean and unique. Super cool. Cant wait to take a rip with him. 8)

plus that is a triumph, prob has to run lollys to keep the pressure, not sure you have ever heard one with pipes like that but they are not really that loud, i ran open TT pipes on my old triumph and it sounded great

He fired it up last night. Not as loud as I thought it would be. More deep and throaty. He said the bike is about the same as before as far as the power with the cut pipes. He said it did seem to lose a tad off the very top end of of the power curve. I mentioned the lollipops that you suggested when I was messin w my pipes. We are going to fab some up and see how it goes.

xb33bsa said:
it is the assholes that run around town with open pipes that are ruining it for everybody :mad:

Ruining what? Never had any sway on my riding. That triumph is awesome. I'd rock it any day, short pipes and all. What fork and front wheel setup is that triumph running?

Not sure on the forks and wheels on that trump.

So I picked up a nice condition 600 swinger on fleabay for 60 bucks. The first 600 swingr I used bought cheap and was beat to shit. I was just seeing if I could make it work on the softail and I ended up leaving on there. I bolted the new one on and used the CBR1000RR shock that I had laying around. It is a little different from the 600 shock in that the gas res sticks straight up rather than off to the side. Looks sorta corny but ok I guess. I left the swinger raw rather than blacking it out just see how it looked. I think it actually looks ok, sorta matches the tank and the open primary color. Ya, Ya, I gotta strip the stickers off it.

Opinions on the arm color?? Leave it raw?? Black it out??

Anyway, a bit of a different look.

Back
Top Bottom