Post a pic of your latest purchase

Alex jb said:
Please tell me that thing can be installed horizontally?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Well, it could but its a lot of work. The plan is for it to remain an upright.

A dude in my old apartment complex had one of these LT50s and he was pulling his buddy around in the snow on a snowboard (on the road). Saw this and had to have it. 105 lb of two stroke fun.

34b64b30af75447f587f141e2845a499.jpg

Hoofhearted said:
No. Well, it could but its a lot of work. The plan is for it to remain an upright.
What’s it going in then? It got to be a seriously tall machine?

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Haven't bought it yet but what do you guys think, any good?

https://coolnewtools.com/products/nibble-metal-cutting?camp=wwvc15564

I have an air powered nibbler like that and it is an utter pain in the ass. See all those little "moons"? They get everywhere. They are particularly attracted to the soles of your shoes. They are handy for small rounding cuts but those damn "moons"!

Alex jb said:
What’s it going in then? It got to be a seriously tall machine?

It's 19" tall and its going in this. Replacing a Weslake pushrod engine.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
Cool! How fast do you think you will go with the new motor?

With the Weslake pushrod engine it ran 130 at El Mirage and 132 at Bonneville on gas. With the blower on it it zoomed up to around 135 and melted a piston. I've had friends telling me how great Goddens are so I got this one to give it a try. I'm hoping for 135 or maybe a bit better. As we all know hoping and happening are two different things.

Hoofhearted said:
Christmas came early today. The Godden GM500 arrived.

Good luck with it, Godden's are a great motor. Make sure you've got plenty of cooling as they are only designed to run short distances and on methanol which runs cooler than gas. Great to see a speedway motor sticking it to them.

Pete12 said:
Good luck with it, Godden's are a great motor. Make sure you've got plenty of cooling as they are only designed to run short distances and on methanol which runs cooler than gas. Great to see a speedway motor sticking it to them.

I have two Weslake pushrod engines. Both fabulous engines (when you put them together right). I run them on race gas and have no heat problems. I found if you give the piston an extra .0015" clearance seizure problems don't happen. The longest distance they run is 3 miles at Bonneville. The Weslake in the sidecar holds five class records at Bonneville and two class records at El Mirage. So a speedway engine is sticking it to them. Hope the Godden will add a few more records to the list. Old short video of the Weslake at Bonneville a few years ago. I love the bark of a single. Turn up the volume.

https://youtu.be/r5EBHbk3Ito

Hoofhearted said:
With the Weslake pushrod engine it ran 130 at El Mirage and 132 at Bonneville on gas. With the blower on it it zoomed up to around 135 and melted a piston. I've had friends telling me how great Goddens are so I got this one to give it a try. I'm hoping for 135 or maybe a bit better. As we all know hoping and happening are two different things.

Very interesting! I am not familiar with this engine, what is the story on it?

Weslake started making speedway engines in the 70s. Pushrod then OHC. Its a single cylinder four valve head, total loss lubrication. I tried a supercharger on one but had problems. I'll get back to it a bit later.

Hoofhearted said:
I have two Weslake pushrod engines. Both fabulous engines (when you put them together right). I run them on race gas and have no heat problems. I found if you give the piston an extra .0015" clearance seizure problems don't happen. The longest distance they run is 3 miles at Bonneville. The Weslake in the sidecar holds five class records at Bonneville and two class records at El Mirage. So a speedway engine is sticking it to them. Hope the Godden will add a few more records to the list. Old short video of the Weslake at Bonneville a few years ago. I love the bark of a single. Turn up the volume.

Good stuff, you've got it well sorted then.
Great film clip, thanks for posting it. I really miss the overrun flutter from an unmuffled straight pipe on a JAP, Jawa, Wessie etc.
Good luck with it, hope you add a bunch more records to the list.

Picked this up yesterday in Tennessee. ..engine for the 98 Gsxr 750

Attachments

• 20171203_164601.jpg
    20171203_164601.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 175
Picked this up today,loads of speed parts; Dymag 16" front wheel, late model 17" rear wheel, full stainless Yosh system, steering damper, fork-brace, EBC rotors, Fox shock, Mikuni flatslides,Vance and Hines ignition advance, claims to have 1100 cams and aftermarket pistons. Came with a bucket full of parts, everything looks like its there.

Attachments

• IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 188
doc_rot said:
Picked this up today,loads of speed parts; Dymag 16" front wheel, late model 17" rear wheel, full stainless Yosh system, steering damper, fork-brace, EBC rotors, Fox shock, Mikuni flatslides,Vance and Hines ignition advance, claims to have 1100 cams and aftermarket pistons. Came with a bucket full of parts, everything looks like its there.

That is Cool! I love that tank, what's the plan for this one?

Back
Top Bottom