CB500T Cafe Build

Doesn't look like much, but spent most of the afternoon shaping the base for the seat and trimming up the foam. I may still shape the foam a bit more after I get my rear sets welded up. Also, I still have not decided what I am going to do for a cover?
Next post should have the engine in the bike to mock up my exhaust and rear sets...
500T_seat_002.jpg

Engine is now back in the frame to mock up my exhaust and rearsets. I am going with two small steel cones from 7th phase http://www.7thphaseinc.net. I really wanted to do my own cans, but these are really nice and just a bit more than all the materials.

While I am waiting on the cans and a 2 J bends to build the collectors, I am going to weld up my rearset mounts using some square bar stock.

A few pics-
500T_right_mock01.jpg

500T_left_mock02.jpg

Thanks! I really like the old superbike cowls, but without a 3 foot long seat. Really hope to have some good progress to show over the next 2 months, because my goal is to put at least 6K miles on the bike this summer.

Project back from the dead!! I was in the UK for 4 years for work and this bike project put into storage. I'm back and getting the shop back up and the project revived. Time to finish...

Here is what it looked like out of 4 years of storage.

Currently working on the front end - more photos to come of progress
- gold valve emulators
- fresh oil/seals
- CB 750 rotor drilled and thinned
- fork leg modified for AP caliper
- remove speedo drive

Attachments

• CB 500T-Revived.JPG
    CB 500T-Revived.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
CB 750 rotor after mods, much lighter! You can also see the mod to the fork leg for AP caliper.

Attachments

• cb750rotor (1).JPG
    cb750rotor (1).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 412
  • Fork-work.JPG
    Fork-work.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 411
They did a nice job on the front rotor and I really like that custom caliper bracket;how's the caliper look ?

Doesn't look like much, but got the race tech emulators in(new fluid and seals too), rotor on and speedo blank on. Here is a mock up, but the emulators added 20+mm to the top of the damper and now there is too much pre-load on the fork spring. I need to trim 25-30mm off the fork spring to get the setup usable. Next steps are to get the AP caliper, hoses and mc on.

Attachments

• Frontend (3).JPG
    Frontend (3).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 420
  • Frontendspeedo.JPG
    Frontendspeedo.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 429
  • frontendbrake.JPG
    frontendbrake.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 413
Cut 32mm off the springs and it is much better now, we will see how it performs on the road, but the "bounce" feels good. If necessary I will upgrade to 410mm straight rate springs, but could use the cash on the AP caliper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 414
Glad this thread is resurrected as well. Life happens, and there is a time for everything. Priorities come first, I know first hand, I too had a stalled project for over 4 years.

Can't wait to see what you got in store for this CB500T. I got a CB450 myself that I just finished rebuilding the top end on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a while since my last update, work life and other hobbies... I have not been idle though. I was originally going to run some early 90s FZR rear sets, but they just did not look right! So after much deliberation I am going to fab up my own using some of the FZR parts, some custom mounts and plates and the stock pegs and shifter flipped 180. This will reverse the shift pattern, look more period and ensure the pegs are exactly wher I want them.

Below are the mounts I braized up using some square stock and bungs. Next step is to build the plates and braize up the stock pegs to the plates. The peg/plate combo will bolt to the mounts which I will braize to the frame. [instagram][instagram][/instagram][/instagram]

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    907 KB · Views: 385
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 403
Also, moved my workshop into the un-finished part of the basement where is is nice and warm. New work bench built up too...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 398
Back
Top Bottom