Northern California

BicycleBobe

Been Around the Block
I'll be moving somewhere around yuba city at the beging of April. Anyone that could recommend good roads, shops, and groups like bike nights would be greatly appreciated!

I'm in Sacramento, so that's about 45 minutes south of where you're going, but there are some fun things around the area. In Auburn and the area around it there are a bunch of fun canyon style roads. Basically, if you ride most anywhere on highway 49 it will be a fun ride.

There are some good shops in Sacramento if you want names. I'm sure there are closer ones to you though. There are also some good swap meets throughout the year. Here is a link for one on February 1st.
http://www.norcalcycleswap.com/

I'll be selling some bikes when I get up there too triumph for sure and possibly the bmw and some projects.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 208
one of the best mc roads on the west coast is the oroville to quincy hwy 162,the other one is 36 west out of red bluff
49 has too many fucking cars and traffic, nice road though :-\

Yup. Hwy 36 from Red Bluff to Fortuna is one of the very best roads in the country.

Attachments

• 080724-hwy36.jpg
    080724-hwy36.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 214
Hwy 1 from Bodega Bay north along the coast ain't bad either.

Just above Bodega Bay:
IMG_8471_zpsd3236021.jpg

North of Jenner:
IMG_8489_zpscc5908a6.jpg

Heading north toward the tiny town of Elk:
IMG_8498_zps93634f9c.jpg

Turned inland on Philo-Greenwood road, 20 miles of twisty fun while seeing only 3 cars:
IMG_8502_zps90ef3586.jpg

Hwy 128 near Geyserville:
IMG_8511_zps07af8d79.jpg

-Bill

I love Hwy 1. I camp along the coast all the time and every time I drive on 1, I just roll down the windows and enjoy the drive. I can't wait to ride that road.

Back
Top Bottom