My CB450 "No Class!" (Here we go again)

You could go all out and get an cover the thing in motorhead stuff and make it a rolling tribute ;)

You know what this thing needs? A gas tank! And a whole lot of TLC.......

Kidding Hoosier. That's a helluva bike for $20!

Big Rich said:
You know what this thing needs? A gas tank! And a whole lot of TLC.......

Kidding Hoosier. That's a helluva bike for $20!
To let the others in on the joke, I contacted Big Rich to see if he still had his tank for one. I need to check the dimensions you gave me... But I did spend a little time on her.

Now we are starting to look like something good! ;)
Ahhh, the joys of shopping for parts for a blank canvas, the possibilities are endless.

I was being serious - it does need a tank. :D

And remember Hoosier, I have a 500F tank as well. It's a little larger( from memory) but would look better on a bobber -ish style bike IMO.

Look at those bars... they scream tracker... wire wheels, tracker bars... some dual sport tyres are in order for a dirty CB I feel :D

Ohhhh. you know, I hadn't thought of that with THIS one... you ever visited Omar's web sight? Pretty cool tracker stuff there. http://omarsdtr.com/streetmain.html Just a little rich for my blood...

stIIcallout.jpg

Hoosier Daddy said:
Ohhhh. you know, I hadn't thought of that with THIS one... you ever visited Omar's web sight? Pretty cool tracker stuff there. http://omarsdtr.com/streetmain.html Just a little rich for my blood...

stIIcallout.jpg

Yeah lots of cool stuff for sure... but you could make most of that yourself ;)

I'm going to have to check out those fork guards though, I'm paranoid about scratching up the paint on the scrambler!

xulf13 and Joey... you're too kind, lets see how this one goes.
BigR... I am undecided on the shape of the stock tank, going to go check out a Mates 450 he built to see how it looks in person.
But I did get to spend some time on her yesterday.

As you can see, just using stripper on the frame isn't going to get rid of the rust so I need to figure out how I am going to sand blast it in the middle of the winter.
I cleaned up the wheels a little and there is a setion on the rear rim that is rusted , not bad but enough that chrome wheels are out of the question, plus the spokes need some attention. The hubs on both look great. So I am thinking black rims with polished hubs.

Re: My CB450 Here we go again!

1976cb356 said:
$20, I wish stuff like this would happen to me. Good luck man

If you ever find yourself in a barn or maybe even a field, keep your eyes open, I spotted one in a friends barn and jumped on it before it could get away, for $50. Sold the rockers in perfect condition for 60 and called it a good day.

just slipping back into the motorhead theme again, i saw them live in 79, Lancaster uni. bomber tour absolutly awesome gig.my ears were ringing for days after.picture this a 17 year old me stood in the bar waiting for the gig to start and the three of them walked in ,stood 6 foot away.me and my mate wanted to go and have a crack but they were talking to some satan slaves so we stayed put. ahhh memorys... sory to but in on your excelent build stories, i'mm loving them. spent the last two nights going through your back catalogue of builds..who needs cafe racer tv?

Thanks for tuning in timfish!
AWESOME story, altough I have been listening to them since the early eighties, and have about 10 of their albums... I have only been able to see them once, probably about 84 in a bar called Harpo's in Detroit. They were scheduled to perform close to Home about 10 years ago but they canceled about a week before.
Updates on this build might be rather slow as she needs to most amount of help any of my other bikes have. But that just means more fleability in the build. ;)

So Mr Hoosier... do you have a direction for her yet? I still vote dirty her up if you haven't decided...

LOL... Never say Die Pete! However the Excel spreadsheet list of parts is leaning towards the Cafe'. Honestly I have been focusing on the needed engine parts. Jugs, pistons, rings, carbs, gasket set as thing to buy first. And thanks to you, I am leaning towards the higher CL style of pipes after drooling over yours for so long. ;)

I am in process of depleting my bike funds by clinching a long term deal with another member on TheGSResources for a GS1100 aluminum swingarm for the Zook "Overkill!" 8) . Then I will start saving up for this bikes parts. Lots to do in the meantime.

Hoosier Daddy said:
LOL... Never say Die Pete! However the Excel spreadsheet list of parts is leaning towards the Cafe'. Honestly I have been focusing on the needed engine parts. Jugs, pistons, rings, carbs, gasket set as thing to buy first. And thanks to you, I am leaning towards the higher CL style of pipes after drooling over yours for so long. ;)

I am in process of depleting my bike funds by clinching a long term deal with another member on TheGSResources for a GS1100 aluminum swingarm for the Zook "Overkill!" 8) . Then I will start saving up for this bikes parts. Lots to do in the meantime.

Haha oh well I can only try right? ;) Love your work so it will be a good deal either way :D

Trust me when I say if you do those CL pipes you will love it... as you've seen there's just something about that style that is just awesome... I still catch myself gazing at mine! Hahaha :D

Sounds like the GS is still getting more love which is nice to see too :D

peteGS said:
Sounds like the GS is still getting more love which is nice to see too :D
Oh yeah... more to come on the GS. ;)

As far as the new CB goes, I took a que from you and cleaned off a bench. LOL!
I actually have been working on getting my engine bench back into action and hefted the 450 lump onto it. Got the screwdrivers, impact driver, and hammer selection out and went into action.

She's not too rough inside... but seems to had sat with the jugs off for longer than I thought. It does spin freely, but I am definately going to split the case halves on this one. Good news is I was able to remove each cover without so much as one broken screw. I had to use the impact driver on almost every one, heat a couple, and one in particular up by the starter nose had me really worried, but it finally came loose.
Hopefully it won't be long until we look back at these and say "Awe, remember when..."
;)

Back
Top Bottom