check out my headers

JRK5892

Over 1,000 Posts
I wish i would have taken of picture before i coated them... they where nasty... this is goign on my FZR fighter build i am starting next week (2 week build, in and out)
but this is a new powder we just started to use, will take 1400*
this is the gloss black

check it
2wqucl3.jpg

i will start a build thread for this sucker... but im stressing... FAST BUILD, super fast! i am not pulling the motor, just moddng, powder, paint/airbrush work... and done

here is the plan... #1 CHEAP!!!!
hit me with any ideas you guys have.

the prev owner put a street fighter headlight on it, it is ok, just way to far forward, so i going to make a new bracket to move that closer, to the trees, the forks, trees, and down tubes are all getting powdered, trees forks black, trees, and down tubes will be all gun metal metalic. Pipe is off now and almost completely blasted, got in some high heat header powder to shoot those in... wheels, and radiator are getting whatever bright nasty metalic color i can find in there, maybe a red of some kind...
frame and swing arm i am going to hit with silver appliance epoxy
plastics will stay the way they are now, but be sanded and shot with a silver base coat, i will then airbrush carbon fiber all over it, leaveing fat racing stripes where a skull stencil kit will take care of filling the stripes up. then dust a translucent red over the stripes, then lots of clear...

simple and clean is all i want.. i am slamming it 3 inches so the wife can ride it if she wants, but this will be our family sport bike... as well as a bike anyone that wants to ride can rip on... any ideas? remember simplem, cheap...
i was thinking of doing 4 v stacks coming out of the fake tank? but then just leading them into the air box?
the radiator overflow is going to be removed from the back of the bike and i am going to put it on the lower frame rails in a NOS bottle... then i can shave up the back tail piece a bit and glass an undertail? i got a -1 sprocket for the front for a bit more off the line, but that is all for performace, it has a full pipe, K/N, and jet kit... that is fine for me

Here is the bike (i just put the tank on yesterday)

waprme.jpg

this is the direction I am going with it
2010-Ducati-Streetfighter-S-Black%20001.jpg

one that is somewhat done like i am looking to do
left%20side%20low.jpg

Great work on them headers Joe. But who the hell puts a "No Fat Chicks" bumper sticker on anything other than a slammed mini-truck?

Hey Joe,

Im looking to spray paint my headers on a cb175. I can only find 'flat' paint choices.

Found gloss in caliper paint 900c.
& engine enamel 600c
but the header stuff is like 1500c. Will a small twin get that hot? Can I just use the caliper stuff or something.

Do you know of any other choices for a gloss header paint, other then your powder?

Thanks.

Chad

you can track down 1200 degree heat paint, and yes the header pipes will exceed 600* at hte heads to the pipe... (i would guess) i know that when i have sprayed heat wraped pipes with 600* on harleys, honda {vtwins and inline 4's (rockets)} the color never lasted, it burned off and looked like crap... to be honest, there is really no heat paint that will stay gloss, you may as well use a semi gloss or a flat... if not you will never have an equal color throughout the pipe as where it is hotter the pipe will look flatter there and gloss(y)er where it is cooler... will look hodge podge

your other option would be to make some heat shields and paint those... they would last longer. still eventually be recoated but removing heat shields is much easier than the full pipes (due to exhause gasket costs)

I made my own shields on my TX500 and the write up should still be in the build thread on the bike... let me know if you have any questions.

Big R said:
Great work on them headers Joe. But who the hell puts a "No Fat Chicks" bumper sticker on anything other than a slammed mini-truck?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Those pipes are sick looking Joe.

I've been finding myself getting into sport bikes more and more, but I've got to many on the go right now. If the shop was attached to the house It'd be a different story.

Jay

Back
Top Bottom