So when Im not "working" on old motorbikes...

Jfishsolevibe

Coast to Coast
I do music. All kinds, but primarily hip hop to be exact. A local up-and-comer Mac Miller shot this video a week or so ago to a song that I produced. Thought the video came out really great so I thought Id share! This kid is only 17 and still in highschool - Been consistently getting 10-20k views on youtube, myspace, etc. Not bad for 17!

Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_GcqfQRY34

What do you guys do with the rest of your time?

John

The kids pretty good man... And thats a killer track.
Outside of the bikes I dont have much free time. Between work and the wife, its pretty limited. I used to sing in a band years ago... No video of that but similar to this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjPRTW3aOPs
Kinda metal, kinda somethin else.... We sucked, but got to open for a couple cool bands, like 9 lives.
Always wanted to start another band more like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-xX63TDtIE
Too bad I cant play guitar and my voice is shot.... :p

Awesome man! I think you'd dig this project Im working on now with a metal singer friend of mine (and interestingly enough, Macy Gray's younger brother) - Ill send you some stuff.

thats a dope track.

My boys have a band and the front man raps, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZdUKWFmco

and heres some solo work of his. Video is a bit amateurish compared to yours but its got low budget charm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8LkHC-6U8g

Jfishsolevibe said:
Awesome man! I think you'd dig this project Im working on now with a metal singer friend of mine (and interestingly enough, Macy Gray's younger brother) - Ill send you some stuff.
Thats awesome man! Please do!

Jfishsolevibe said:
I do music. All kinds, but primarily hip hop to be exact. A local up-and-comer Mac Miller shot this video a week or so ago to a song that I produced. Thought the video came out really great so I thought Id share! This kid is only 17 and still in highschool - Been consistently getting 10-20k views on youtube, myspace, etc. Not bad for 17!

John

John:

That's insane! Well done on the music. The video itself is cool and well shot, but the music is what makes it. You're not going to be spending much time on this forum; you're going places. You'll be a checkbook bike buyer before you know it. I cannot say enough good things. Get me on facebook: http://facebook.com/motofiaccone. I'd really like to follow your work.

--Chris

orlando said:
The iGirl Video is great...just sent it to a bunch of pals!

If you really like it, help him out and grab it off itunes (I know.. buying music is soooo 1996) You can find a few of his albums just by searching "probcause"

p.s. sorry for hijack!

I roast coffee and brew beer. In between, I drink coffee and beer ;D

Seriously though, I love both and have a decenty setup for each. I order my coffee beans green so I can roast them myself and have ultra-fresh coffee driect from origin. It works out about a third the price of buying even average coffee beans from the supermarket and the quality is so much better. In the words of my Dad, I've ruined coffee (everything else tastes stale!).

With my beer, I generally just do 'kit and bits'. So, a 1.7kg (3.75lb) tin of hopped liquid malt extract plus some dried extract and dextrose. I usually prepare some grain and hops as well to give the base beer a bit of extra tweaking and depth - dry hopping is a favourite of mine as well to give that awesome aroma and flavour. I find I brew around a month or two ahead of my needs so I always have a good supply of aged beer under the bed. This equates to around 100 litres, or roughly 25 gallons, which will be made up of four to six styles depending on how many have been tapped into.

Other than that, I'm keeping fit and hanging with mates. Occasionally I'll go down the coast (through some mountains...yeah!) and check out the beaches, or hit up the city and check out the nightlife. Thats about it apart from work (and looking for more).

Cheers - boingk

PS: If you want to learn more about coffee or brewing, visit coffeesnobs.com.au or aussiehomebrewer.com respectively. Two awesome sites with a friendly crowd and lots of information.

Chris! Thanks a million man! Ill point you to a lot more cool stuff that were doing - really appreciate the words though man! Looking forward to going on tour in february so ill have to let you know if we'll be in your area.

Thanks again! Ill get at you on the 'Book!

Jfishsolevibe said:

Heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_GcqfQRY34

John

JFish and Mac Miller are off the charts. Sick talent from those two. I'm blown away and I couldn't agree more Chris F.
JFish is going to be a checkbook bike buyer. ;D

Hey JFISH did I read that you were going to be quiting your day job in about a week? All I can say is its over due! Go after it man and good luck!

WOW! Thank you! Super super appreciate it - Im shooting for a february quit date! Haha. If I set things up correctly should work out pretty well. Im 23 now and have been doing this stuff since Im 18 on a professional level, so Im hoping I can finally make a real go at it. The "economy" really put a hurtin on my business but hard work pays off! Thanks again guys really appreciate the words.

JFish, you need to open a studio man. Back when I was still in a band, and knew a lot of the bands around here, finding a studio that wasnt stupid expensive or run by some egomaniacle dick was tough... Theres a ton af killer artists and bands in this area that would kill to work with someone with your talent and obvious love of music man...

Mike:

Ive thought about it all my life man! Ive got one now for my own use - Ive just always feared what comes along with owning and operating a studio - LOTS of annoyances. Sure, if I had my choice all the guys Id record would be awesome cool and super talented, but the reality is, operating costs of a studio need to be fullfilled and Ive seen friends of mine go through it - Sadly, love of music or not, theres a LOT of rif-raf that comes with that business. I used to think it would be sweet, but keeping myself and my existing artists in line is hard enough haha! its truly more babysitting than engineering. Oh well!

I do however have a friend in LA who is my mastering engineer; who ONLY mixes music that he likes haha. Hes very successful so i guess it hasnt been much of a hinderance to him, but I could always just be particular.

Bah! Who knows!

BOom is that at penny road pub?

not bad... i like a bit more of a hardcore rap style myself but not bad...

JRK5892 said:
BOom is that at penny road pub?

its the morseland, on the northside. Pretty cool bar that has live music or a dj spinning 7 nights a week (at least thats the case everytime Ive been there)

Back
Top Bottom