Gotta Love Pittsburgh...

"If you don't like the Steelers, well you might have a problem with the emblems"

ya think? true fans are cool. Luckily, I am a true Raiders fan ;)

living in pittsburgh for 6 years of my life. ohh man the steelers. and better yet, the fans. 4 of those years were college, and the other 2 were apprentiving and starting my tattooing career.

i cant begin to tell you how many steelers logos i had to do my time there.

i moved to detroit, its weird - no one wants lions tattoos.....lol.

There was an article in Maxim or FHM magazine a few years ago about the meanest fans in the NFL. I can't remember who was 1st but the Steelers, Browns, and Raiders were all high on the list. Steeler fans actually gave a Browns fan a "Iron City bath", the Browns fans would make ice balls with snow and beer and pelt the opposing team, but I just can't quite recall what was said about Raider fans. Maybe they booed Santa Claus at a game? I wish I had that article handy

Raiders fans are lovingly known as battery chuckers for their unfortunate habbit of tossing D cells from the upper levels. ;)

I'm pretty sure it was the Eagle fans that bood Santa.

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelernation/steelersbars.asp

And thats not all of them. If you do some searching you can find one in almost any major city on earth. It crazy. And beautiful. Goikng to a Steelers game is a religious experience. I highly recommend it to anyone... I was at a Pit - Cleveland game a few years afo, and they estimated that there were 200,000 people in the parking lots. The stadium doesnt even seat 70,000...
How to prepare for a Steelers game..
1. Go to Giant Eagle the day before and buy 50+ lbs of food.
2. Get as much beer as you can fit in your car. At least 3 cases or one 1/2 barrel per 3 people.
3. Go to bed Saturday around 8pm so you can get up at 4am on Sunday.
4. Wake up at 4am, shower, put on long johns, jeans, a steelers t shirt, than a steelers hoody, than a steelers jersey, than a steelers jacket and hat. (Dont forget your steelers gloves and socks as well.) I always wear my trusty steelers hardhat.
5. Go wake up all your friends who are coming with you, and knew that you were leaving at 4am, but stayed up drinking till 2am after watching the Pens game.
6. Finally get on the road at 6am.
7. Sit in bumper to bumper traffic going into the city for an hour and a half.
8. Once youve made it to your parking spot, set up grill, cornhole boards, beerpong table, and keg (or cooler).
9. Say hello to all your parkinglot neighbors by offering them black and gold jello shots at 8am.
10. Start cooking drinking, blaring crazy train by ozzy from your car stereo.
11. Consume at least 10 beers before you go into the stadium or your friends will call you a pussy for the whole game.
12. Hide at least a six pack in your clothes.
13. Go into the game, and buy one beer so you have a cup to pour your contraband beers into.
14. Theres more, but the memory gets fuzzy after that...

Back
Top Bottom