Clubmans VS Clip Ons

hecklejk

Been Around the Block
Looking to start a new build soon, 79 CB650 and I am trying to decide on clip ons or clubmans. Just wanted to get your opinions..

Thanks

i would have prefered clip-ons,but because my steering stop has too much travel,the bars would touch my glass tank.just something to keep in mind. cheers, chris

I've had both on my '78 CB550. I didn't like the clearance that the clubmans gave my master cylinder so I switched to Telefix clipons. They'll give you a lot more flexibility to get your riding position the way you want it.

I've had both on my 650 seca.

The clubmans were easier to install and didn't require any modifications to the bike (and the positioning was great for me), I did eventually go to clip-on's and it caused me to have to replace my master cylinder with a remote one, and the position is a little less aggressive (but more comfortable).

I've considered going back to clubmans, but I'll prob stick with the clip-on's.

My suggestion is to buy a set of clubmans for cheap and try em out (or ask someone on the board who has them on a similar bike). If you like em, keep em. Or keep them for a while and save up the loot for some good clip-on's.

Yeah, I've run both on my 72 cb750 and I agree with what ease said. The only thing about clubmans is it can be a total bitch to wire them internally. And don't buy cheap clipons! I bought a made in china special 50 dollar pair and I'm not happy with them. There was a slight clearance issue that I resolved, but the nuts and bolts on them are already corroding. I'll end up shelling out more for a good set one day. However they are much more comfortable than the clubmans...

thanks for the info guys, think I am going to go with the clip ons... what is a good set of clip ons that wont break the bank?? Isnt there someone on the forum that makes adjustable one... Rockcity or Motofiaccone possibly???

Rockcity makes some that I've read are very nice. Carpy has dunstall repro clipons for like 80 bucks I think.

I bought a set of Tarozzi adjustables. They are simple to install, and since they are adjustable, you can tailor them to the look, or to your own personal comfort. Another plus is that they have a large inventory, and will most likely have the ones you need to fit whatever size your fork tubes.

jonescafe72 said:
I bought a set of Tarozzi adjustables. They are simple to install, and since they are adjustable, you can tailor them to the look, or to your own personal comfort. Another plus is that they have a large inventory, and will most likely have the ones you need to fit whatever size your fork tubes.

Thanks for the tip, what style Tarozzi's did you buy? High or Low rise? I really like the look of Roccity's clip ons... and the price is about the same so I will probably go with those... Gotta get the bike first and make my final decision..

charlesskelter said:
Definately clip ons, but I don't like the look of clubmans.

Yeah.. its going on the bike that you found for me!! Not 100% sure if I am getting it yet, Guy is sending me some photos and then I will decide!

The Roccity clip-ons are not adjustable. They're at a fixed position. I'm sure they're well made, but if you're looking for flexibility, I don't think these are the way to go for you.

Represto said:
The Roccity clip-ons are not adjustable. They're at a fixed position. I'm sure they're well made, but if you're looking for flexibility, I don't think these are the way to go for you.

I was just on his site this morning, and he has 2 types of clip ons, 1 set is adjustable, and the other is not...

Back
Top Bottom