The rice trick worked.

Darmstro

Been Around the Block
I put my cell phone through the washing machine and the dryer last night and thought I was [fizzle]ed this morning when I found it and tried to turn it on. It didn't do anything when I pressed the power button.

I took the battery out, opened it up and put it the phone and battery in a bowl of rice. Just got home, popped the battery in and it turned right on. Nothing wrong with it at all.

fuckin eh!

I owe Uncle Ben a hug. I've been stewing all day about having to buy a new phone.

Not only but if you eat the rice you used to fix your battery you will be supercharged with energy, but only for a short time.

Battery? I put the whole damn phone in there, haha. I'm gonna throw it back in overnight to get any extra moisture out of there. I'll be sure to eat the rice after.

mikeadamstattoo said:
is this trick for an uncooked bowl of rice or a cooked bowl?

Uncooked. The dryness of the rice tries to sucks the moisture out of the components. I used this trick once, it worked awesome. They say to take the battery out then put the phone, cover, and the battery in the bowl of rice without the cover on.

Same reason there is rice in the salt at resturants in humid places, keeps the moisture out of the salt so it don't get all clumpy ;D

sharperdill said:
Uncooked. The dryness of the rice tries to sucks the moisture out of the components. I used this trick once, it worked awesome. They say to take the battery out then put the phone, cover, and the battery in the bowl of rice without the cover on.

Yeah, that's what I did. Went from not turning on at all to working perfectly.

Darmstro said:
I put my cell phone through the washing machine and the dryer last night and thought I was [fizzle]ed this morning when I found it and tried to turn it on. It didn't do anything when I pressed the power button.

I took the battery out, opened it up and put it the phone and battery in a bowl of rice. Just got home, popped the battery in and it turned right on. Nothing wrong with it at all.

fuckin eh!

I owe Uncle Ben a hug. I've been stewing all day about having to buy a new phone.

I am hoping you put your cellphone in the washer/dryer by accident.

Cafe_to_go said:
I am hoping you put your cellphone in the washer/dryer by accident.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm thinkin' of throwin' my phone in the washer just to see if the "rice trick" really works!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom